Reporting directly to the Financial Controller, the Finance Manager will be primarily responsible for the monthly production of the management accounts and for the management and coaching of the Finance team. A reasonable level of management experience is therefore required. The role also involves overseeing cash and banking responsibilities as well as general balance sheet reconciliation activities.
The company provides vendor and equipment finance to the full breadth of the business sector. In the UK they provide vendor and equipment finance in the Hi-tech, Transport, Construction, Industrial, Medical, Public Sector and Agriculture markets.
Management of the month end P&L Process
- Manage the month end P&L close process within a four- day window
- Perform a line-by-line income analysis of the company leasing portfolio
- Perform analysis of ancillary P&L lines including, amongst others, the verification of termination profit figures and correct sharing of secondary rental income with introduces.
- Ensure overheads are correctly accrued in line with expectations and journals to the right P&L line and cost centre.
- Ensuring that all cashbook journals are posted by WD1 of the month
- Production of the monthly accounts spreadsheet and posting of all journals within the month end deadline.
Balance Sheet Responsibilities
- Oversee preparation of the month end reconciliation file and ensure all reconciliations / monthly tasks are signed off by the end of WD5
- Demonstrate effective balance sheet control through monthly review of reconciliations and provision of aged KPIs to Finance Controller and Finance Director.
- Preparation of quarterly I2C Reporting Process including the provision of Banking KPIs
- Supervision of reconciliations and provision of assistance to Finance team in clearing entries
- Take responsibility for the preparation and maintenance of the accruals account
- Involvement in systems development
- Create new accounts and charge codes in ALFA
- Assist in daily pay-outs and Direct Debit runs
- Monitor Finance job queues in ALFA and work flow case management
- Mentor and assess performance of staff
- Cover for the Financial Controller and Accounts staff as required
- Manage day to day Finance queries and take responsibility for the general Finance email box
- Qualified accountant (ACCA or CIMA) with high degree of industry specific accounting knowledge.
- Ability to influence and negotiate with others
- Prior knowledge of ALFA and Leasing knowledge is preferable
- Can work to group finance deadlines
- Good people and time management, organisational skills, ability to prioritise and work under pressure
- Effective time management skills to meet deadlines
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Experience of running month end process and delivering a P&L within agreed timescales
- Always act with integrity and embrace the philosophy of treating customers fairly
- Embrace the values of the group leadership model
Competitive salary and compensation package at a great company in Financial services.