Senior Internal Audit Manager
As a growing company, my client puts its people at the centre of all its plans and as such they are looking to invest heavily in them through development, support, and of course remuneration.
We are looking for a Senior Internal Audit Manager to set up and deliver internal audit assurance activities across the business.
Based in the Midlands office, the role will provide independent and objective assurance, designed to support the Group in achieving its strategic goals, reducing the risk of both financial and reputational damage and improving the Group's operations.
While reporting to the Group CFO, there is also be an informal reporting line into the Chairman of the Audit & Risk Committee. The role is extremely varied and you will be expected to deliver your assigned reviews, identify key risks and assess the design and operating effectiveness of key processes and controls and make pragmatic and relevant recommendations.
You will be responsible for working with the CFO, Head of Legal, and the wider Audit and Risk Committee to define the internal audit review agenda. The scope of reviews could include the group financial statements, assets, procedures, and controls within the Group across its subsidiaries and joint venture companies, but could also include all operational areas including commercial and construction, land acquisitions, Health & Safety and sales.
The scope of the role includes:
- Reviewing, managing and updating a Risk Register for the Group, to ensure appropriate risks and their impact, are quantified and addressed.
- Examining the processes and controls that support the output of financial statements and assets.
- Performing procedural and operational reviews of all departments within corporate locations and regions, on a risk-based / cyclical basis.
- Providing assurance (and any recommendations) over Group management compliance with all accounting systems, procedures and controls, in line with the Group policy and accounting standards.
- Providing assurance (and any recommendations) over Group management compliance with governmental, environmental and regulatory legislation and that appropriate training is in place.
- Identifying and reporting on any suspected fraudulent practises perpetrated by employees, customers or manufacturers.
- Producing written reports with findings and recommendations in a timely manner to assist the decision making of directors and managers containing findings and recommendations.
- Ensure all mandatory training is completed.
Whilst the job is based in the West Midlands, you will need to travel to regional offices and developments in accordance with the delivery of the internal audit and risk plan and therefore you will need a full driving licence.
- Strong integrity, a passion for Audit, with a good working knowledge of the IIA standards and at least 5 years proven experience in delivering operational and compliance audits within deadlines.
- Flexible on sector background and will consider candidates from practice and industry.
- Ideally you should be qualified in professional auditing or accounting qualification (i.e. CMIIA, CIA, QIAL, PIIA, ACA, ACCA).
- Organised, with strong interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills, you will have an analytical, problem solving mindset, be detail orientated but able to grasp the bigger picture.
- Results focused, you must have the ability to work independently to tight deadlines and use your own initiative.
£65-70k basic plus £6k car allowance + bonus up to 20% + attractive benefits.