Assistant Financial Controller
- Commercial opportunity within well known global brand as Assistant Financial Controller
- Up to £55,000 annually + benefits
Michael Page Finance are currently partnered with a global manufacturer based in Uttoxeter. This is a well known business which is respected in the manufacturing arena. Due to a period of movement and progression internally they are now looking for an Assistant Financial Controller to join and support within their Development division. This is a great commercial opportunity to join a business which will stand out immediately on your CV! The business really does let the employee carve their own specific career route - hence the reason for this role!This Assistant Financial Controller position will ensure the successful candidate has extensive exposure to senior stakeholders. There is a heavy focus on business partnering in this position and you will be expected to support on the implementation of a range of projects, and forecasting around them. Key deliverables of this Assistant Financial Controller role are building and maintaining relationships with stakeholders and being confident in analysing business cases to ensure they are suitable.
As Assistant Financial Controller, your duties will include but are not limited to:
- Month End Reporting: Profit & Loss and Balance Sheet reporting to Group Finance in line with the Group Accounting Calendar
- Annual budgeting: as per forecast, leading and working with key stakeholders to compile the annual budget for the business
- Promoting cost awareness with the aim of delivering profitability targets across the business
- Supporting the business in their use of SAP with a view to improving process and efficiency
- Key balance sheet account reconciliations
- Variance analysis: analysing actual performance against forecast and budgeted expectation
- Providing detailed commentaries to the Management team
- Monthly Forecasting: leading the forecasting process for the business unit. Working closely with the key stakeholders across the business to update the rolling 12 month forecast
- Managing a small team with day-to-day activities
- Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA)
- SAP experience is advantageous but not essential
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Advanced application knowledge of MS Office suite in particular Excel.
- Experienced working with high volumes and tight deadlines while prioritising workloads
- Key attention to detail and personal/professional accountability
In return, the client is offering a competitive salary of up to £55,000 plus an excellent wider package including company pension scheme, medical insurance, and dental care scheme