As a Finance Manager the role is very varied. Day-to-day duties include - Management of the Accounts Department (10), team workload allocation, budget preparation, month end reporting, commercial projects, system reviews and implementations, and assisting the Finance and senior management team with the related presentations.
The world's largest independently owned courier company by successfully finding bespoke solutions for hard to service destinations.
- Lead, manage and develop the Accounts receivable, payable, and nominal ledger teams.
- Review and approve payments processed by the accounts payable team.
- Monitor and forecast cash flow and initiate pre-run transfers between bank accounts.
- Actively manage the month-end process
- Review and enhance processes and controls.
- Perform account reconciliations tying back to the TB, and prepare the related month end file for each legal entity
- Manage data integrity on the Accounts Payable and Nominal Ledgers
- Journal entries as required
- Bank/loan and any other reconciliations as required
- Assisting auditors, to ensure a smooth efficient audit and that financial matters are promptly addressed.
- Analysis of the monthly Profit and Loss accounts.
- Manage the on boarding of other Companies onto the accounting system - and set up the related processes.
- Dealing with High/Low Value Delivered Duty Paid in EU
- Provide assistance to resolve issues in Skynet Germany and Belgium Branch
- Other adhoc office duties as and when required
- Reporting: Month/ Quarter/ Year
- Balance Sheets/ Profit & Loss (P&L)/Cashflow
- Budget Cycle
- Facilitate the smooth operation of the Purchase Order process
- Ability to deal with management and employees at all levels of the organisation
- OPERA accounting package
- Have excellent communication skills
- Work well as part of a team, with a high attention to detail
- Advanced knowledge of the Outlook 365 Suite - Excel, Word and Teams
- Previous accounts experience with knowledge of Opera 3 or similar accounting package
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Staff management skills
Competitive package and compensation package