Employment Taxes, Senior Associate
We help our clients stay ahead of changes that impact their businesses, navigating complexity and risk. We deliver deep tax technical, people and legal expertise, while providing the critical context to make informed and compliant decisions. With clients ranging from multinational organisations and public sector bodies to entrepreneurs and family businesses, the work we do is diverse.
Our Reward and Employment team sits within our People and Organisation (P&O) network, as part of our wider Tax and Legal practice. P&O is built up of specialist teams who provide advice and support to manage organisational and people challenges, delivering tailored solutions to each of our clients. As part of the Reward and Employment team you'll help clients ensure that they are paying employees correctly and paying the correct tax. You’ll experience unparalleled opportunity to develop your career as you support corporate clients in a variety of ways, helping them solve complex and technical issues as well as advising on the overall governance that they have in place for tax and pay.
This is an exciting opportunity for an individual to join the Reward & Employment team as an Employment Consultant. The role would be responsible for advising management teams and remuneration committees for a wide range of UK listed (PLC and AIM) and unlisted (family, private equity-backed) businesses on all aspects of remuneration, including reviews of remuneration policy and provision of market practice. The scope of the role is wide and will vary depending on the needs of our clients. Responsibilities will include;
- Advising clients on employment taxes and social security compliance of remuneration packages for employees
- Advising clients on paying staff in line with UK legislation including National Minimum Wage, Holiday Pay etc
- Assisting clients with putting benefit structures into place including salary sacrifice arrangements
- Advising companies on how they engage with off-payroll workers and putting governance structures to ensure that the tax assessments are completed correctly
- Assisting clients build fit for purpose internal governance structures for employment and pay
- ·Assisting clients with HMRC enquiries or making disclosures to HMRC where errors have been identified
- Assisting with client management, including risk processes, timely billing and cash collection
- Informal and formal training of more junior members of the team
Essential skills and experience:
- Experience of working in employment taxes, either in-house or within a consultancy
- ACA, ACCA, CTA, ATT qualification (desirable)
- Able to manage own time
- Able to deliver bespoke written and oral advice to clients in a simple way
- Strong communication skills and ability to work within a team effectively
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office (essential)
- Strong report writing skills
Not the role for you?
Did you know PwC offers flexible career arrangements and contract work? Learn more.
The skills we look for
The PwC Professional is our global framework for defining and encouraging leadership at all levels. Learn more.
‘The Deal’, our firmwide Employee Value Proposition’ empowers our people to be the best they can be. Learn more.
Our commitment to you
We’re committed to building a culture that empowers all of our people to thrive and feel a sense of belonging at PwC. Learn more.
If you’re a person with a disability, if you’re neurodivergent, or if you have a condition that you believe may affect your performance during our selection process, we’ll be happy to make reasonable adjustments to our processes for you. Learn more.