Tax Compliance Manager (Indirect Taxes)
To be responsible for Indirect tax (VAT, CIS and Customs) compliance and provision of tax technical advice in support of the Head of Tax.
A large European business that delivers innovative solutions across the civil engineering and construction sectors including rail, highways, airport, marine, energy, water, and environmental infrastructure.
- Review and submission of VAT returns and VAT registrations for joint ventures
- Review of CIS returns
- Dealing with HMRC correspondence and enquiries
- Provide tax technical advice for finance teams on ad hoc basis.
- Provide indirect tax training and updates to colleagues in the Finance team and around the business
- Advise overseas group companies on their UK tax obligations.
- Provide support to other members of the tax team in relation to other tax matters wherever possible, eg. Employment tax
- Maintain relevant parts of the tax risk management and governance framework, including compliance with the senior accounting officer regime.
- ACA, ACCA, CTA qualified or qualified by experience.
- A solid UK VAT background gained in practice or industry.
- Strong technical knowledge of UK VAT
- Knowledge of Customs Duties (or willingness to learn)
- Attention to detail.
- A self-starter and independent worker with strong interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in the use of Excel, Word, Outlook
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to plan, prioritise and manage own workload, and work accurately under pressure in order to meet deadlines.
- Competitive salary in line with market rate
- 10% discretionary annual bonus
- Private healthcare
- Life assurance
- Hybrid working
- Option to work part-time 4 or 3 days per week