We are looking to recruit a qualified Accountant into our experienced and entrepreneurial team.
This full time role in a lively and fun office offers the successful candidates exposure to a wide range of clients across a variety of sectors. We have a strong team ethic in our business which occasionally means some longer hours during peak periods. Occasionally, you may be required to work away from the office.
As well as developing your technical skills, the role will help you build your commercial knowledge and get you started in developing your career as a business advisor. The role will include assistance in the preparation of statutory and management accounts and the associated tax compliance work as well as assisting on audit assignments for an array of clients.
Key areas of responsibility include (but not limited to):
- Work with South East Asian clients to execute and deliver on compliance and advisory projects
- Prepares financial documents and reports for management, shareholders, statutory or other bodies
- Prepares tax returns, advises on tax problems and contests disputed claim before tax official
- Conducts financial investigations concerning insolvency, fraud, possible mergers, etc.
- Evaluates financial information for management purposes
- Liaises with management and other professionals to compile budgets and other costs
- Prepares periodic accounts, budgetary reviews and financial forecasts
- Conducts investigations and advises management on financial
- Utilise accounting software (Xero and Capium)
- Communicate with the team on any issues or findings
- Ensure timesheets are completed on a weekly basis
- Have an awareness of the various services provided by P&Co
- Maintain a professional working relationship with both clients and the wider P&Co team
P&Co Chartered Accountants LLP is an oriental specialist firm in the UK market. Priding ourselves on our ability to understand our client’s needs and helping them to solve their problems, we deliver a comprehensive range of accounting and business services which is underpinned by over 20 years of experience.
Boasting clients ranging from small businesses to large corporations such as Thai Airways and the Bank of East Asia, P&Co uses its team of qualified accountants and position as an ICAEW accredited training centre to deliver expertise to allow their client’s to focus on running their businesses.
Attributes and Skills Required
- A winning mentality and eager to take on early responsibility
- Outgoing personality with great communication skills and ability to build strong relationships
- An inquisitive nature and an aptitude for problem solving Interested in business, happy to learn and can demonstrate leadership qualities
- Reliable, organised and able to meet deadlines
- Competent numerical and IT skills
Education and Professional Requirements
- Experience required. Over 2 years accountancy practice work experience.
- Required accounting qualifications: ICAEW ACA, ACCA, ICAS CA or equivalent
- Financial reporting and auditing experience using UK GAAP and IFRS
- University Master’s degree with 2:1 qualification or higher
- Language requirements: English
- Xero certified advisors and experienced Capium users preferred
Note that due to the large volume of applications we receive, we may not reply back to all. If you have not received a reply within one month of your application, we have decided not to proceed with your application.