Finance Business Partner- Home based
Provide financial management across a number of Group services within a defined region, with the overriding aim of helping senior management to improve the commercial and financial performance of each service and region.
Private equity backed specialist healthcare provider.
- Financial responsibility for a portfolio of services, identifying opportunities to improve business performance, adding financial and commercial knowledge to discussions and supporting the delivery of key financial targets for each service.
- Provide commercial support in tendering for new business opportunities, bespoke pricing, fee uplifts and contract renewals, including discussions with funders where required.
- Business partner to key stakeholders including Managing Director of a region, providing guidance, support and expertise as required.
- Drive improved financial awareness across their region via effective business partnering, finance inductions, workshops and training.
- Month end reporting and analysis, provide informative analysis of month end performance for their region, identifying key variances, underlying causes, risks and opportunities to key stakeholders.
- Ensure services are operating within budget and where not ensuring effective remedial plans are in place to address key variances.
- In conjunction with the wider Finance function ensure the integrity, probity and reasonableness of local financial controls and financial data, in order to minimise financial risk via the correct implementation of local procedures.
- Undertake projects for the Group which may cover a diverse range of topics within commercial and operational settings.
- Support the region in the preparation of business cases and undertake commercial evaluation of new opportunities and development plans in conjunction with operations.
- Attend monthly business and finance reviews with Managing Director to support and interpret the key financial activity for the region. Make recommendations for improvements to drive commercial benefits.
- Complete Budgets and Forecasts as required for each region of responsibility in line with the budget timetable as set by Group.
- Attend sites to investigate financial irregularities as and when required and reconcile operational practises to the budget for each site.
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified
- An experienced Finance Business Partner, Commercial Manager or Senior Management Accountant in any field, with particular emphasis on delivering commercial and operational improvements and assisting in "finance for non- finance" business partnering
- A broad range of highly developed communication skills are necessary for this role. There will often be the need to manage complex or sensitive situations, which require excellent inter-personal and presentation skills, in order to influence the outcome of various service user and staff related situations, as well as dealing with external stakeholders.
- A major contributor to the development of individual services via the translation of new ideas into management solutions. There will often be conflicting operational needs to balance, therefore, adaptive thinking and some creative problem solving are frequently required.
Complete working from home- with some travel to site 2/3 times a month
Competitive package and benefits.