Senior Project Accountant
The Senior Project Accountant will be responsible for project accounting activities and supporting the project teams. They will ensure the delivery of accurate and timely financial information and help establish and maintain a robust project governance and control environment.
My client are renowned for providing essential services to keep moving and improving the world. They have been operating for over 50 years and are a global provider within their sector.
- A key member of local project teams, taking the lead on presenting financial results and forecasts at monthly project reviews.
- Prepare project EAC models (Estimates at Completion) ensuring forecasts are robust and updated with monthly actuals.
- Report on Risks & Opportunities ensuring identified line items are valued accurately and mitigation actions are closed out.
- Report project revenue progress ensuring key contract milestones are achieved and invoiced in a timely manner.
- Act as a deputy for the Senior Project Controller
- Represent the finance department in functional review meetings. Lead by example and set the benchmark for others in the Finance team.
- Attend Material, Operations, Project Management and Engineering Labour 'cost to complete' meetings. Ensure costs to date are accurate with any variances fully understood.
- Lead cash flow reporting and forecasting requirements of the business and attend cashflow reviews
- Play a key role in the month end reporting process ensuring adherence to strict corporate deadlines (sales reconciliations, cost of sale calculations, order backlog, inventory and project balance sheet reconciliations)
- Assist with any external and internal audit requirements and ensuring compliance.
- Ensure compliance with group accounting policies and the relevant statutory accounting standards (UK & US GAAP)
- Support the bidding process for targeted new projects
- Fully qualified (CIMA, ACCA or ACA)
- Experience within a manufacturing environment
- Working collaborative withing project teams
- Experience of long-term contract accounting
- IT literate and fully conversant with Excel and other Microsoft office applications and MRP
- Competitive salary of up to c£50,000 based on experience
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Flexible/ hybrid working patterns
- Free parking on site
- Christmas leave over 3 days