An opportunity has arisen for a Financial Accountant to join a well-known law firm based in central London.
My client is a prestigious and well-known legal firm based in central London.
The Financial Accountant will be working closely with the Financial Accountants, Assistant Accountant and the Accounts Payable team.
- Preparation of monthly P&L's
- Critical variance analysis of performance against budget
- Liaising with Business Operations managers to improve their understanding of financial performance along with preparation of monthly departmental reports;
- Responsible for ensuring accurate reporting of costs and identifying variances to budget
- Preparation of monthly balance sheet and reconciliations and responsibility for managing asset leasing schedule
- Preparation of cost and overhead budgets
- Full responsibility for the accounting of legal entities including reconciliations, monthly management accounts, quarterly VAT returns and annual accounts preparation
- Review of weekly supplier/employee expenses payment runs ensuring appropriate authorisation and coding of invoices and expense claims
- Assistance in the preparation of Annual Accounts and subsidiaries for audit review, liaising with auditors to provide additional analysis as required
- Responding to ad-hoc information requests and performing ad-hoc data analysis
- Input and recommendations to enhance current processes/systems/reporting methods
- Ad-hoc project work
The successful Financial Accountant will have the following credentials:
- Qualified accountant - likely practice trained or relevant industry experience
- Accounts preparation experience essential - FRS 102 or IFRS
- Legal experience preferred but not essential
- Excel/spreadsheet working to advanced levels
- Excellent interpersonal skills
Competitive basic salary of up to £60,000 + benefits/hybrid working.