Bid & Proposals, Senior Associate
We help our clients stay ahead of changes that impact their businesses, navigating complexity and risk. We deliver deep tax technical, people and legal expertise, while providing the critical context to make informed and compliant decisions. With clients ranging from multinational organisations and public sector bodies to entrepreneurs and family businesses, the work we do is diverse.
PwC are the market leaders in global VAT compliance services, providing services to many of the firm’s largest and most important clients. We provide clients with VAT compliance services throughout EMEA and also Asiapac and Latin America.
Successful applicants will have the opportunity to work on ad-hoc global BD & VAT compliance projects etc. allowing them to grow and develop their role in a growing and exciting area of the team.
This role provides the successful candidate with an unparalleled opportunity to build global BD and technical skills, global VAT compliance awareness and the experience of working on complex and challenging assignments. This is an excellent platform for furthering your career within commercial and BD influenced work from the VAT team, and opportunities for training are available.
About the role
On a day to day basis responsibilities will include:
- Project managing tender processes involving all relevant areas of the business to ensure tender is financially viable and commercial risk is minimised
- Supporting the work of senior colleagues, being delegated to and able to deliver in a fast-paced environment with an ability to prioritise and shift flexibly with the role requirements and work
- Collaboration with colleagues and creation of content to support proposal submissions.
- Review of junior colleagues preparation of draft pricing/proposal documents
- Preparation of more complex/key pricings/proposal documents and output for review by seniors
- Liaising, gather information from and build relationships with the global PwC network
- Coordinating diaries and setting up meetings with key stakeholders (internal and external)
- Participating in internal and external calls during the sales and BD process
- Ensuring appropriate Risk management, client checks and approvals are obtained
- Maintaining key documentation and pipelines
- Utilising reporting systems and data insights to include tracking and monitoring of sales activity: lead times, conversion ratios and client feedback to incorporate within our business development strategies
- Monitoring relevant tax legislation and ensuring new business processes accommodate technical requirements
- Strategically considering the pricing and delivery of new compliance obligations as they arise around the globe
- Supporting on wider projects and BD initiatives for example implementation of new models, global rollout of technology, global pricing database
- A willingness to gain knowledge of the global VAT/ understanding of VAT in order to accurately price/ support sales
- A confident communicator across all grades, internally and externally with exemplary written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and detail-orientated skills
- Highly organised, with strong project management skills
- Proactive and with a strong sense of initiative and self-leadership
- Experience of platforms such as Salesforce, Google Suite and MS Office with a high level of Microsoft Excel/Google Sheet skills
- Ambition and a strong desire to succeed and drive your development
- A commitment to team working, open and responsive communication is essential
- An ability to work within a strict timetable and deadlines, whilst also flexible and agile to a dynamic environment of shifting priorities and demands
- Motivation to take initiative and lead on their work, drive pace, collaborate, work to support and contribute to managing multiple projects and work streams
- Keen to learn and take on new challenges and responsibilities to stretch and develop
- Experience in a Sales/BD administrative role preferred but not essential
Not the role for you?
Did you know PwC offers flexible career arrangements and contract work? Learn more.
The skills we look for
The PwC Professional is our global framework for defining and encouraging leadership at all levels. Learn more.
‘The Deal’, our firmwide Employee Value Proposition’ empowers our people to be the best they can be. Learn more.
Our commitment to you
We’re committed to building a culture that empowers all of our people to thrive and feel a sense of belonging at PwC. Learn more.
If you’re a person with a disability, if you’re neurodivergent, or if you have a condition that you believe may affect your performance during our selection process, we’ll be happy to make reasonable adjustments to our processes for you. Learn more.