ITX Tax Compliance Technology, Manager
We help our clients stay ahead of changes that impact their businesses, navigating complexity and risk. We deliver deep tax technical, people and legal expertise, while providing the critical context to make informed and compliant decisions. With clients ranging from multinational organisations and public sector bodies to entrepreneurs and family businesses, the work we do is diverse.
Our Tax Compliance team is a leading provider of technology enabled compliance and integrated advisory services, working across an unrivalled range of prestigious clients. The variety of work, size of our team and focus on learning and development brings about opportunities to specialise in particular industries or technical areas.
PwC are the market leaders in global Indirect Tax compliance services, providing services to many of the firm’s largest and most important clients. We provide clients with Indirect tax compliance services Globally with a key focus in EMEA.
Our team is agile and open to new ways of working. The investment in automation and robotics enables us to be at the forefront of change and innovation. Together, we produce technical excellence, innovative solutions and an outstanding client experience.
Within our Compliance Technology & Services team in Birmingham we are looking for an individual with an interest in developing in joining our Tax Technology team which helps clients’ tax functions deliver and manage tax through deploying innovative technology solutions as part of a wider agenda of strategy, risk & governance, sourcing advisory and operating model advice, joined together to bring well rounded business integrated solutions.
You will be working in a team assisting clients in identifying opportunities or issues that could be resolved through the use of technology and then working on delivering these ideas through Tax Technology projects. This may be in isolation, but will frequently be part of a wider roadmap of activities including strategy, risk and governance.
- Supporting and assisting both internally and externally queries on our Compliance technology
- Develop skills in tax technology project delivery and being able to apply these skills to a wide array of client processes and challenges.
- Work in close partnership with other key ITX Compliance functions
- Supporting Senior Associates, Managers and Senior Managers in identifying the best technology solution to address client problem
- Inputting into the standard risk and governance compliance procedures for projects.
Essential skills and experience
- Some experience in the design, implementation or monitoring of processes, with an ability to articulate key risks or improvement areas.
- Worked on projects and some experience with project governance
- Technical experience, potentially with a focus on a specific area of tax.
- Some ability to articulate and communicate tax rules and logic and apply to specific business scenarios.
- Some experience with structured data manipulation using tools such as IDEA, Alteryx, ETL tools, Databases etc
- Demonstrate strong communication skills and stakeholder management.
- Excellent self-organisational skills.
- Ambition and a strong desire to succeed.
- Team player committed to working collaboratively
- Driven to improve process
- Possess some understanding of tax and finance
Not the role for you?
Did you know PwC offers flexible career arrangements and contract work? Learn more.
The skills we look for
The PwC Professional is our global framework for defining and encouraging leadership at all levels. Learn more.
‘The Deal’, our firmwide Employee Value Proposition’ empowers our people to be the best they can be. Learn more.
Our commitment to you
We’re committed to building a culture that empowers all of our people to thrive and feel a sense of belonging at PwC. Learn more.
If you’re a person with a disability, if you’re neurodivergent, or if you have a condition that you believe may affect your performance during our selection process, we’ll be happy to make reasonable adjustments to our processes for you. Learn more.