Private Business – Senior Associate
We help our clients stay ahead of changes that impact their businesses, navigating complexity and risk. We deliver deep tax technical, people and legal expertise, while providing the critical context to make informed and compliant decisions. With clients ranging from multinational organisations and public sector bodies to entrepreneurs and family businesses, the work we do is diverse.
Milton Keynes TaxWe help our clients stay ahead of changes that impact their businesses, navigating complexity and risk. We deliver deep tax technical, people and legal expertise, while providing the critical context to make informed and compliant decisions. With clients ranging from multinational organisations and public sector bodies to entrepreneurs and family businesses, the work we dois diverse.Our Private Business Milton Keynes team specialise in advising privately owned companies and wealthy individuals, families and their businesses on managing their personal and company tax affairs in the UK and abroad. Typically work in this area will focus on the issues affecting the owners of a business (individuals, PE houses), as well as the general corporate aspects. Collaboration with other areas of the business enables us to work holistically with clients to find solutions to achieve their plans.Our curious minds and collaborative spirit enables us to work together, helping clients navigate the ever changing tax landscape. As part of the team you’ll be actively encouraged to consult, to share specialist knowledge and new ideas as we continue to innovate to deliver best in class service.
We are looking to recruit individual(s) at Senior Associate level preferably with experience of advising privately or family owned businesses and private equity portfolio companies
As a Senior Associate, you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers with extensive consulting and industry experience, helping our clients solve their complex business issues from strategy to execution. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
● Proactively assist in the management of several clients, while reporting to Managers and above
● Contribute to the development of your own and team’s technical acumen
● Keep up to date with local and national business and economic issues
● Be actively involved in business development activities to help identify and research opportunities on new/existing clients
● Developing effective working relationships with both our interesting clients (including many well-known brands) and internal stakeholders, collaborating with other teams across the firm when delivering projects.
● Maintaining relevant tax knowledge, staying current with technical developments including changes in tax law and legislation.
● Advising clients and internal stakeholders on the latest tax technical issues.
● Supervising, coaching and providing regular feedback to juniors within the team while keeping more senior stakeholders updated on progress.
● Opportunities to work directly with a broad range of experienced Private Business Partners, Directors, Senior Managers and Managers, locally, nationally and across the PwC Network
● We provide tax services to businesses with an international footprint within a broad range of industry areas. This includes a broad range of complex cross-border tax consulting.
● Being part of a growing team, helping to identify and develop new opportunities, including involvement in developing new client relationships.
Essential skills and experience
The successful candidate(s) will possess initiative, enthusiasm and the ability to work with and contribute to a growing team, possessing the personal skills to form strong, trusted relationships with our clients and contacts in the market. The successful candidate(s) will have the following skills and experience:
● Relevant and up-to-date UK tax knowledge – experience of tax issues facing privately or family owned businesses and private equity portfolio companies.
● You will be expected to deepen and drive the technical understanding of a particular area of private client or private business taxation such as trusts, succession or corporate planning for example and build your reputation as a subject matter specialist.
● Good project management skills – able to assist in the management of several complex client projects and plan their own workload.
● Good communication skills – the candidate will be expected to be the point of contact on some of the client relationships in their portfolio while supporting a range of stakeholders including client contacts and PwC staff.
● Excellent written communication – including report writing, technical memo drafting and concise advice for clients.
● Efficient use of technology – in managing client relationships, carrying out analysis and producing deliverables.
● ACA and/or CTA qualified with some post qualification experience. Part ACA/CTA qualified applicant will also be considered
Given the vast majority of our compliance work is managed by dedicated compliance teams, your role will offer you exposure to a high standard of tax consultancy work on a varied portfolio with great opportunities for career advancement.
Not the role for you?
Did you know PwC offers flexible career arrangements and contract work? Learn more.
The skills we look for
The PwC Professional is our global framework for defining and encouraging leadership at all levels. Learn more.
‘The Deal’, our firmwide Employee Value Proposition’ empowers our people to be the best they can be. Learn more.
Our commitment to you
We’re committed to building a culture that empowers all of our people to thrive and feel a sense of belonging at PwC. Learn more.
If you’re a person with a disability, if you’re neurodivergent, or if you have a condition that you believe may affect your performance during our selection process, we’ll be happy to make reasonable adjustments to our processes for you. Learn more.