Fraud Investigation Director (MD)
Exceptionally rare opportunity to lead this service-line from internally fed to stand-alone. Exclusive to Hays
Your new company
In 3 countries so far and still growing, our client is a renowned boutique specialising in investigations, intelligence, financial crime, fraud, compliance, cyber, risk/security and much more.
Typical service lines include:
- Anti-Bribery and Corruption Investigations
- Anti-Money Laundering and Regulatory Compliance
- Asset Tracing
- Business Intelligence
- Cross-Border Investigations
- Financial Investigations and Forensic Accounting
- Fraud Investigations
- Intelligence and Risk Advisory Services
- Investigative Due Diligence
- Litigation support
- Cyber Defence
They advise governments, companies, and high-net-worth individuals, and their clients include financial institutions, law firms, hedge funds and private equity firms, plus clients seeking to recover assets as well as public entities and private companies .
The firm expanded in London during the pandemic by 25% and is now ready for its next growth phase in the UK fraud/financial investigations team.
Your new role
The role of Managing Director- Forensic Accounting is a Practice Head, and as such, is responsible for the forensic accounting team, its strategy and revenue. The forensic accounting team consists of 3 practitioners who range from 3- 8 years PQE. The forensic accounting team's work is varied and typically includes:
- financial investigations
- fraud and corruption investigations
- source of wealth investigations
- analysis of bank account activity
- funds flow analysis.
Managing Directors are responsible for managing the largest and most complex investigations conducted by the firm. They develop the opportunity, bring in the contract, manage the case and deliver the findings. Managing Directors are responsible for developing client relationships and are capable of becoming trusted advisers to their clients. Their reputation is built on a track record of excellence in their work.
What is unique - and exciting- about this opportunity is that currently the Forensic/Fraud team conducts relevant workstreams for larger cases in the firm and/or is referred its work internally. The firm would like the incoming MD to take it to its next level of growth, which will involve bringing the brand to the external market and gradually winning more projects independently of the wider firm. So an unparalleled chance to imprint your own business development style and abilities onto this high-calibre delivery team, and essentially create a new fraud service-line alongside existing WIP.
A full specification is available on request.
What you'll need to succeed
This is the ideal role for a Fraud Investigations Director, from a fee-earning/professional services background, and with an existing UK contact base, seeking a high-profile and high-impact role both within the marketplace and this very well-regarded firm.
- An accountancy qualification from a recognised professional accounting body
- Post qualification experience to at least Director level in investigations and forensic accounting
- Experience of the procuring, pricing and negotiating of case assignments
- A demonstrable track record of delivering end-to-end projects for clients in a fast paced, continually changing environment
- Ability to manage a number of cases in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- A track record of producing work of consistently high quality for clients
- High level knowledge of commercial and business terms, how businesses and organisations operate and legal terminology/legislation within the investigations arena
- Proven management ability, including the development of individuals and teams and the ability to provide clear and constructive feedback
- Experience in using fraud detection software
What you'll get in return
A unique opportunity to be delivery-focused yet also contribute to helping this team start to win external engagements. In addition:
- Hands-on culture, even at SMD/Partner level
- Entrepreneurial business
- Good Work Life Balance, including hybrid working
- Autonomy on how you deliver
- Very light-touch on BD - no KPI's on it!
- Impressive gender balance at senior level
- Collaborative culture, including cross-border
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.