Your new company
Our client is a fast-paced, progressive and expanding business that provide engineering and manufacturing solutions to the automotive, aerospace, marine and medical sectors.
Your new role
They currently have an opening for an experienced Financial Controller to lead and control the financial management of a Group of companies, providing expert reporting & analysis, robust financial controls, efficient financial processes, and informed decision-making to support the leadership team. Working as part of a team, your responsibilities would include:
- To maintain an accurate, efficient, and well controlled overall system of accounting processes and information, both for internal and external stakeholders and authorities
- To work with the leadership team to develop business strategies, build long term business plans and financial models and contribute to development of aspirational goals and targets for the company
- Liaise with auditors to manage the production of year end statutory accounts and the audit process, including negotiation of engagement terms, management of the audit process and presentation of the final statutory accounts to the board for approval
- Presentation of monthly financial performance to the leadership team and shareholders, including analysis of performance, highlight areas for attention and recommendations for actions
- To provide trusted, approachable expert support and advice to all areas of the business on financial and commercial matters, integrating where possible with engineering, production, and logistical teams
- Evaluate major commercial opportunities, advising the management team on commercial structures, pricing and profitability of opportunities
- Design, continually improve and actively manage the system of financial and management accounting and reporting, to provide accurate, relevant and timely information to the business
- To monitor financial performance of major live projects and programs, to identify stand-a-lone performance, highlight corrective actions and monitor achievement of pre-determined program & project targets
- To manage the annual budgeting and forecasting cycles to ensure continual reporting and monitoring of expected performance
- To ensure that ERP systems and processes are integrated, accurate, and efficient
- To manage cash flow processes and reporting, determining policies, procedures, and authority mandates to maximise control and promote efficiency and optimal management of cash
- To maintain a strong internal control environment, with clear documented financial procedures and authorities, including monthly reconciliation processes, division of authorities, spot checks
- To maximise the company's Research & Development tax claims, including ensuring that the financial systems are configured to ensure that the relevant data is captured in the most efficient manner.
- Compliance with all departmental H&S requirements
- Compliance, where appropriate with management, & environmental, systems, such as ISO 9001 & ISO 14001
What you'll need to succeed
You will be ideally qualified ACA, ACCA or CIMA and have proven, recent experience in production of statutory accounts, management accounting and managing day to day transactional finance, ideally in a manufacturing environment. It is essential that you are commercially aware with excellent interpersonal skills and that you can work effectively using your own initiative. You will also be an Advanced Excel user with experience also working on an integrated ERP system.
What you'll get in return
This business offers a rewarding benefits package including a pension scheme, 25 days per year plus statutory holidays (compulsory shutdown of three days at Christmas). This position is site based with working hours 08:30 to 17:00.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.