An opportunity to work as a Project Accountant on a high profile and complex programme. This role will initially be for a 6 month period but will highly be extended for up to 2 years. This role will be predominately home based but with travel to London circa 2 days a week.
My client are a leading Government organisation with offices in the heart of London.
Project Accountant will be responsible for:
· Manage the monthly reviews review and challenge for projects within the Programme providing the appropriate high-level analysis of performance, identifying risks and opportunities, and driving cost efficiency initiatives
· Pulling together presentation for funding requests
· Provide financial insight, analysis and reporting on project performance versus budget and forecast, ensuring implications for outlook are articulated and acted upon
· Maintain a register of cost Risks & Opportunities, highlight through the appropriate channels and ensure alignment in monthly forecasts
· Manage budgeting and forecasting process, challenging Project teams to deliver a robust plan within the guidelines and timetable established by the Financial Control team.
· Evaluate business cases for investment decisions, challenging assumptions and ensure compliance with governance, making recommendations to improve return on investment
· Support the team in driving a commercial focus and challenge to strategic planning and decision making within the programme business unit
· Participate in cross Finance initiatives and work streams to include support for any audit work carried out
The successful candidate will be/have:
Broad range of accountancy skills - fully qualified accountant with recognised qualification (e.g. ACA, CIMA, ACCA)
· Experience in a programme finance environment operating at a senior level across multiple projects.
· Good understanding of finance systems (particularly SAP, BI, Anaplan)
· Computer literacy/numeracy with strong Excel, Word and Powerpoint skills
· Knowledge of business case and investment appraisals
Fixed Term Contract-6 months (highly likely to be extended)
Enhanced benefits package