Group Financial Controller
Group Financial Controller position working for a listed multi-national Gloucestershire based advanced materials company.
The Group Financial Controller will have ownership of the core finance team, managing a small team of accounting staff.
You will have day to day exposure to the senior leadership team, directors and operational stakeholders across the business. The business is in a exciting phase of growth and expansion, the Group Financial Controller will be pivotal in leading the finance function as the business continues to expand.
Reporting to the CFO, and supporting the wider business, this key role will be accountable for taking ownership of the finance function, and associated accounting responsibilities.
Primary accountability's will include:
- Financial control and reporting for the group
- Reporting in accordance under IFRS/UKGAAP
- Consolidations and statutory reporting
- Preparation and presentation of divisional, entity and consolidated group management and statutory financial statements
- Ensuring consistency and accuracy of data across the regional reporting process
- Partnering with budget holders to review management accounts with prior year and forecast comparatives to set timetable
- Owning the audit process and implementing recommendations from external audits
- Lead and coach the accounting team with both qualified and part-qualified accountants in their day-to-day operation of their core activities
- Support FP&A and finance business partner teams with the review of dashboards, management accounts, board presentations, and other analysis.
Applicants for this Group Financial Controller position should be a qualified accountants (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) with demonstrable experience in listed reporting and managing a small team of accountants. Experience with technical accounts and financial reporting standards including IFRS and UKGAAP are pivotal. Experience from an audit background would be highly advantageous. Hybrid working available.
Package on offer commensurate with experience