Exciting new opportunity with a leading, US Listed (SOX/US-GAAP) group in a statutory & project driven role.
Your new company
I'm delighted to be partnered with a leading, US Listed group who are market leaders within their industry.
With a substantial, UK Headquarters based in Chesterfield, my client boast a talented, established finance team with excellent leadership.
The organisation are well-established and offer excellent opportunities for development and progression both within UK subsidiaries and at Group level. They have very strong staff retention levels, fuelled by championing a forward thinking, highly competitive benefits and well-being package alongside salaries.
Your new role
You'll be joining the organisation as a Senior Reporting Accountant, primarily providing technical expertise and management account reporting to local management and Group.
You will take responsibility for the accurate and timely delivery of financial and management accounts, providing technical advice to the Reporting Team and wider business. In addition you will be involved in both Internal and External Audit support, and the calculation and reporting of indirect taxes, National Statistics surveys and ad hoc information requests.
- Reporting into the UK Finance Manager within a specialist team of three - acting as their right-hand support and expected to deputise in their absence.
- Delivery of timely and accurate financial reporting and management accounts- 'In the detail' and accuracy focused - delivery driven
- End-to-end responsibility for External / SOX & Internal Audit management and performance reporting
- 20-25% Project work - Lease Accounting, Technical updates, new standards implementation, impact assessments and roll out
- Drive continuous improvement and proactive problem solving
- Technology/systems minded - department contact for system issues where appropriate
- Provide technical expertise and support around FRS102 accounting treatments
- Manage indirect taxes reporting timelines and submissions
- Ensure completion and documentation of monthly SOX MRC's (Management Review Controls) and IPE (Information Produced by the Entity) for the Reporting Team
- Provide guidance to other teams on best practice on processes and controls.
- Reconciliation of key/complex Balance Sheet control accounts
- Deputising for the UK Finance Manager
What you'll need to succeed
Success in this role will be dependent upon a strong technical accounting knowledge base, experience of financial and management reporting alongside strong business acumen.
Culturally this is an evolving work environment which requires a positive dynamic 'can do' autonomous work style with close team understanding. You will need to be passionate about the brand and a positive role model within the team and organisation.
- ACA/ACCA qualified (suitably part-qualified applicants will be considered) with 1-2 years minimum PQE
- Ideally suited to someone with strong practice grounding or medium-large sized organisation background
- Competent with the use of ERP systems
- Ability to achieve tight deadlines in a fast changing environment
- Analytical and technically minded with the ability to solve problems
- Effective time management skills
- Good communication skills- written and verbal
- Limited potential travel may be required for the role
What you'll get in return
Hybrid working is available for this role (c.2 days p/w working from home)
- Salary - up to £45,000 p/a depending on experience
- Bonus - 12% discretionary bonus (paid at end of year)
- 25 days holiday + statutory entitlement
- 6% employer pension contribution
- BUPA healthcare and dental
- 4x death in service
- Annual salary reviews
- Excellent career opportunities and an enjoyable, collaborative working environment
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.