Controls Assurance Officer
Controls Assurance Officer- Hybrid working Leeds 6 months interim contract
I am working with a new start up organisation within the Banking / Public Sector. They are looking to appoint a Controls Assurance Officer within their well established Risk team on a contract basis.
Purpose of the role: Although this organisation is not PRA or FCA regulated it must still have systems and controls in place that provide good risk management. This individual will be a key lynch-pin in building out the risk management framework What will the successful candidate be doing:
- designing and carrying out training;
- assisting in the set-up of functional/process risk registers;
- providing regular risk reporting and MI;
- assisting in documenting controls;
- performing testing of controls;
- reviewing risk incidents and supporting stakeholders with reporting and resolution.
Responsibilities: The successful candidate will be responsible for helping build out and embed the risk management framework of the new bank. Skills and experience required:
- good presentation and communication skills;
- good report writing skills;
- good organisational skills;
- knowledge of sharepoint and public sector desirable but not essential;
- knowledge of banking / financial services would be an advantage;
- experience of controls testing, building operational risk frameworks, report writing and MI reporting.
Two years minimum relevant experience is desirable. Qualification in ERM/financial risk desirable but other risk disciplines considered.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.