ERP Finance Lead - Receivables & Cash Management
ERP Finance Lead - AR & Cash Management
Your new company
You will be working with a local government organisation who are going through a organisational transformation programme and who are looking to implement a new ERP system.
Your new role
You will be working as a Finance Lead / Subject Matter Expert and have experience of working on ERP projects.
The Functional Subject Matter Expert (SME) (Receivables and Cash Management) role is designated to represent the business requirements in the design and implementation of the Receivables and Cash Management aspects of the ERP system.
You will be responsible for the following tasks:
* Contributing to the completion of key Finance programme deliverables as defined for each phase of the implementation
* Inputting to the design and configuration of the Receivables and Cash Management components of the solution on behalf of the Council, ensuring all decisions are consistent with the defined design principles and ensuring the solution delivers to the requirements set out in the ITT
* Attending solution design sessions on behalf of the business and making decisions on behalf of the business where appropriate
* Raising any requests for customisations or exceptions to the Business Design Authority with sufficient evidence to support the recommendation
* Attending the design authority if required, to support requests for design changes
* Working closely with functional consultants from the appointed Systems Integrator (SI), ensuring activities are carried out following the principals of the programme. Review all documentation produced by the SI for sign-off in accordance with agreed programme process
* Assisting in completion of all relevant project documentation and functional questionnaires e.g. design documents, role matrices etc.
* Contributing to work to document 'as is' and 'to be' process designs including delegations, workflow, role based actions, process controls etc.
* Defining user roles and profiles, resolve/mitigate segregation of duties issues
* Work with the Finance change manager to identify change impacts
* Contribute to core Change Management activity and deliverables including process mapping and review of end-to end to be process, communications, training and stakeholder engagement content
* Contribute to Business Readiness assessments and the underpinning survey, and ensuring that end user readiness is reported accurately and fairly
* Defining relevant reporting requirements, utilising 'out of the box' wherever possible
* Contributing where necessary to key Data definition and mapping, cleansing, and verification
* Creation of relevant test scenarios and test scripts for the Receivables and Cash Management functional areas
* Reviewing any training material related to the Receivables and Cash Management solution
* Provide The Finance Functional Lead with periodic status update and progress reports, identifying and escalating risks, issues and concerns promptly
* To contribute to Organisational readiness activities from an Receivables and Cash Management perspective, including but not limited to:
- Describe and map any segregation of duty requirements that relate to ERP processes e.g. rules that you can't input and approve a debtor write-off
- Prepare a full list of current Customer records, as an input to data cleansing activities
- Compile a set of customer payment terms
- Compile a list of internal bank accounts
- Compile a set of customer payment methods
- Collate details of Receivables inbound and outbound interfaces
- Compile examples of all debt reminder letter formats
The role will report to the Finance Functional Lead within the Programme structure.
The role will collaborate with the other SMEs within the Finance workstream.
The Receivables and Cash Management SME will be the main point of contact for the SI Receivables and Cash Management consultants for the life of the programme.
The role is time bound to the life of the Programme.
The role holder will need to ensure they are competent users of key Programme systems and tools e.g. MS Office, testing tools, file sharing systems etc. and ensure any knowledge gaps on these are filled.
What you'll need to succeed
You will need to have experience on Oracle Fusion implementation and have strong finance experience in AR & Cash management processes
You don't need to be a qualified accountant
What you'll get in return
In return there is a long term assignment for 12-18 months, a strong day rate outside of IR35. Remote working and the opportunity to shape the new ways of working for the organisation
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.