Financial Reporting Accountant (Treasury)
Financial Reporting Accountant | Flexible & Hybrid Working | up to £50,000 | Permanent
Your new company
This newly created division of a FTSE listed group are looking for a Treasury Analyst to join their Finance team on a permanent basis.
Your new role
This role sits in the Treasury Finance (technical) accounting team of qualified accountants within Corporate Centre providing a wide range of reporting for the Group Treasury activities, as well as providing critical business partnering which facilitate the Group Treasury activities.
The Treasury Finance team has responsibility for ensuring the complete and accurate financial and management reporting of the Group (UK and US) Treasury activity including a c£30bn financing portfolio with significant number of associated hedging derivatives and reported financing costs of c£1bn.
The team provides business partnering support to the multi team Treasury function including debt capital markets, money markets, corporate finance and operational and banking teams.
Some of the key responsibilities include:
- Analysis and delivery of IFRS reporting for a selection of the treasury and financial risk related disclosures in the published consolidated Group Annual Report.
- Involvement and delivery of relevant treasury disclosures under UK GAAP for UK operating and finance subsidiaries and US GAAP for the US division statutory reporting.
- Provide proactive and innovative contributions to Treasury business (financing) initiatives.
- Maintaining the quality of the Internal Control and Sarbanes Control framework(s) for areas of responsibility, enhancing relevant documentation to meet the purposes of the changing environment.
- Proactive and enthusiastic team involvement to include technical and professional development discussions and direction of junior team members. Driving interactive and informative team meetings.
What you'll need to succeed
You will be an ACA Qualified Accountant/Finalist with strong analytical and reporting skills. You will have good knowledge of IFRS or FRS standards who is self-motivated and enthusiastic about making a difference.
What you'll get in return
An opportunity to work closely with the whole of the finance function, including FP&A, Business Partners and key stakeholders.
This is a great opportunity for an individual looking for a first move out of practice into Industry or equally an Industry candidate with the relevant skills and experience looking for their next step up in their career.
There are also lots of progression opportunities for an ambitious individual.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.