Financial Accountant - 12 month FTC
Financial Accountant 12MnthFTC - £50,000 - Colchester/Hybrid 2-3 days a month office + free/disc travel +bens
Your new company
Excellent opportunity to join a leading employer as Financial Accountant on a 12 month Fixed Term Contract basis, the contract is to cover maternity leave. The Financial Accountant will be working 37 hours per week on a hybrid basis 2-3 days a month ( a little more for the first couple of weeks through training) in the office the rest at their offices in Colchester, Essex.
Your new role
As Financial Accountant will be joining a talented finance team, managing 1 person they will have responsibility for balance sheet reconciliations and presentation, monthly management accounting journals, completion of draft statutory accounts, assisting with group monthly and year end reporting, liaison with the auditors, group reporting into the group systems and key contact on technical matters for the finance team.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure all Balance Sheet reconciliations are completed every period along with relevant reporting.Ensure all variances and action points are followed up as soon as possible.
- To manage all Corporation Tax, VAT, PSA and CIS submissions for the company, acting as the tax specialist in the Finance Team and respond to any group queries. This includes providing training to other departments as relevant.
- Preparation of statutory accounts and key contact for liaising with auditors including responsibility for all queries and review points and coordinating responses from other teams.
- Responsible for Group Reporting input into and reporting systems. Actual, forecasts, budget and business plan.
- Produce balance sheet and cashflow budgets and forecasts. Ensure all assumptions are documented and detailed commentaries are produced showing variances between actuals and forecasts.
- Assisting the Financial Controller with all technical accounting requirements.
- Ensure Group and statutory reporting of cash balances is in line with treasury forecasting
- Key contact for business for technical accounting queries.
- Ensure inter-company trading is correctly reflected in the books at the end of each period, and the netting process happens effectively. Ensure that inter-company trading is correctly reported and balances have been agreed with other group companies.
- Control over the fixed asset register, ensuring capitalisations are carried out every period including active management of WIP balance. Maintain the file of fixed asset invoices for additions/disposals in the year.
- Full management of 1 head including interviewing, onboarding, training, reviewing and appraisals Prepare/Review a number of period end journals, including insurance, property, rent and rates. Production and presentation of the draft income grid at the end of each period.
- Preparation of balance sheet and cash flow reporting
What you'll need to succeed
The Financial Accountant will be a highly motivated qualified accountant with financial accounting experience, good attention to detail, strong Excel skills, excellent communication and problem solving skills.
What you'll get in return
The Financial Accountant will be offered a highly competitive salary of £50,000 plus 25 days holiday pus bank holidays, free/discounted train travel, pension, discounts pack. The role is offered on a hybrid basis; initially 2 days in the office whilst training (1-4 weeks) then 2-3 days a month in the office and rest wfh.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.