Finance Business Partner
Exciting new Business Partner role for a qualified accountant in a leading, international legal firm.
Your new company
I'm delighted to be partnered once again with a leading international legal firm who are undoing both a UK and international transformation programme.
Your new role
As Finance Business Partner, you'll support the team whilst they transform the business. You'll provide a high degree of commercial acumen, and excellent problem-solving skills, acting as a key financial interface between the international group management and the Finance department.
- Serving as the key financial interface between the international group management and the Finance department
- Proactively working with International Group Heads, their leadership teams and partners to provide financial expertise and support, e.g. effective and regular presentations at partner meetings, identifying and leading initiatives to improve financial performance relating to profitability, working capital and financial efficiency
- Working with colleagues across the Finance function in leading the delivery of the finance curriculum agenda for the lawyers, including mentoring and training to newly promoted partners / laterals / promotion candidates / new firm joiners and presenting at firmwide learning academies for fee earners at all levels from trainee through to partner.
- Manage the annual planning and budgeting process for the practice group and support the delivery and maintenance of group led strategic plans
- Manage the budgeting process for the service areas to challenge expenditure plans and successfully present their cost budget
- Enabling the practice group to achieve its objectives, make decisions and plan appropriately through the effective understanding and use of financial analysis
- Interpretation of monthly finance MI into insightful commentary, analysis, and articulation of required management actions
- Monitoring performance against long-term strategic and short-term operational plans and assisting the partners formulate the necessary actions to be taken to achieve agreed financial targets
What you'll need to succeed
- ACCA / ACA / CIMA qualified with proven PQE experience.
- Finance Business Partnering experience with senior stakeholders (ideally within a professional services business, but would consider similar experience in other sectors)
- A high degree of commercial acumen with exceptional analysis and financial modelling skills and evidence of applied strategic thinking/planning
- Excellent written and verbal communication and has strength of personality to ensure the Finance view is clearly communicated.
- Capable and confident in presenting to large audiences face to face or via technology
What you'll get in return
Salary: up to £65,000 per annum depending on experience.
- Leading pension
- Hybrid working (50/50), able to work from any local office, although an ideal base would be Sheffield
- 28 days holiday + statutory entitlement
- Private medical insurance/dental insurance
- Income protection insurance
- Various retail discounts
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.