Finance Officer, Birmingham, £35,000
HAYS are delighted to be partnering with an exciting SME business to recruit for a Finance Officer on a permanent basis. This role has come about due to an internal promotion which has created a vacancy reporting into the Financial Controller. My clients' business has grown exponentially over the last two years, and they have exciting development plans for the future of the business, making this an incredibly exciting time to join this organisation.
This role is being offered on a hybrid basis and is paying up to £35,000 dependent on experience.
The key responsibilities of this role are:
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual reporting
- Provide reconciliations to support business decisions
- Sales and purchase ledger management
- Credit control, including the active management of debtors and performance of credit checks
- Prepare and post monthly accruals
- Reconciliation of balance sheets
- Preparation of month end reports
- Completing year end accounts, liaising with external accountants
- Preparation of the annual budget
- Processing employee expenses
- Collate payroll information and report to external payroll bureau
In order to be successful in this role you will:
- Be part qualified in ACCA, CIMA or ACA, or Qualified by Experience (QBE)
- Have practical experience in financial management
- Have experience working with an SME environment, or within an engineering/manufacturing environment
- Have experience with Xero (this would be advantageous but is not a prerequisite)
- Have previous experience in Financial Analysis
- Have advanced Excel and data manipulation skills
- Have strong communication skills, specifically experience communicating with non-financial stakeholders
- Be able to challenge the status quo and innovate processes
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.