Interim Finance Manager
Based in Cheltenham town centre, my client is a specialist insurance broker. Now one of the UK's largest independent operators, advising and arranging many different types of insurance cover.
The Company requires a fully experienced Finance Manager with extensive management accounts preparation expertise, reporting directly to the Finance Director. The purpose of this role is to oversee the day to day running of the Finance Team, who are responsible for the accounts of the Insurance Company together with the Managing Director's Charities. This is to cover whilst our client goes through a permanent recruitment process.
Key tasks include:
- Manage production of month end management reports including full reconciliation schedules
- Manage completion of weekly bank reconciliations whilst liaising with other team members to resolve queries
- Produce weekly and rolling quarterly cash forecasts and monthly updates on financial forecasts
- Supervise, assess competencies and conduct monthly reconciliations under FCA regulations
- Review all FCA related compliance tasks for quality and completeness
- Liaise with the auditor to maintain integrity of financial controls and records
- Run five monthly payrolls using Sage Payroll
- Manage the preparation of annual budgets for the various operating units
- Manage the credit control and insurance payments accounts activity
- Produce management reports from the SSP sales system
Candidates must possess the following essential skills:
- A recognised accountancy qualification
- Extensive working knowledge of Sage 50 and Sage Payroll
- A solid understanding of financial accounts, cash flow and P&L forecasting
- A good working knowledge of Excel Spreadsheets
- A minimum of five years' experience working in a similar role
- Experience of the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) rules regarding client monies is desirable
- Ability to analyse and evaluate numerical data accurately and to communicate accounts information to non-accounts personnel at all levels
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure and to tight deadlines with effective time management and prioritising of workload and strong financial integrity
Hours of work: (Office Based) Monday to Friday, 9.00 a.m. to 5.00 p.m.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.