Senior Manager (Rural Team)
We have a brilliant hybrid opportunity in our growing and dedicated Rural Team for an experienced Senior Manager.
The team provides accounting and tax compliance services, along with tax planning advice covering both income tax and capital taxes, to a variety of forward-thinking farming, rural and agri-businesses.
There will be opportunities to progress within the department, and to be involved in advisory work, commensurate with knowledge and experience, and to build client relationships. This role will be predominantly involved in the provision of accounting and tax compliance services.
As well as being a hybrid position, we are also open to flexible full time and part time working options.
What you’ll be doing:
- Managing compliance work for a portfolio of clients (mainly partnerships and companies, but no audits)
- Day to day management of the Rural team overseeing workflow and ensuring work is delivered to a high standard, on time and within budget
- Identifying financial, commercial and tax planning opportunities for clients
- Where relevant, actively promoting the firm and its services to clients and targets
- Working with Partners on new client work
- ACA/ACCA qualified (or equivalent), or qualified by experience, with significant relevant experience in a similar role.
- Good technical knowledge of accounts preparation and tax compliance.
- A good team spirit and desire to enjoy a role with progression opportunities
- Committed, logical and accurate, with a methodical approach to work and strong attention to detail
- Experience in using accounts and tax return software
- Able to work independently and demonstrate initiative in delivering an excellent service to clients
- An interest in farming and/or rural matters
- Experience in accounting and taxation for property and agricultural businesses (desirable)
- Knowledge of capital taxes and familiar with IHT and CGT issues
- Employer pension scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Travel to work loans
- Cycle to work scheme
- Client and employee referral bonuses
- Give as you earn
- Employee assistance programme
- Virtual GP
- Second opinion medical service
- Bereavement counselling and probate helpline
- Your professional institute fees paid by the firm
- Discounted shopping portal
- Francis Clark Charitable Foundation in support of current and former employees
Why work at PKF Francis Clark?
We’re the largest firm of independent chartered accountants and business advisors in South West England. We have eight offices in Bristol, Exeter, Plymouth, Poole, Salisbury, Taunton, Torquay and Truro.
The firm, which celebrated its centenary in 2019, has 54 partners and over 800 members of staff, with annual revenue of over £50 million. Our continuing growth offers you the opportunity to expand and develop your career in a direction that interests you.
We offer a supportive and flexible culture, taking your career seriously to enable you to be the best you can be.
PKF Francis Clark is a member of the PKF International family of legally independent firms, which together are ranked as the 11th largest provider of accountancy services in the UK by Accountancy Age.
Please click ‘Apply Now’. If you don’t have an up-to-date CV or would prefer to chat to someone before applying, get in touch with James Beck on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Everyone will receive a response.
PKF Francis Clark doesn’t discriminate. We’re interested in your skills, your experience, your potential, and nothing else.
We are not accepting agency introductions unless prior approval has been given in writing.