Mixed Tax Manager
25 days holiday Medical insurance Annual bonus Quarterly events Hybrid Working Above market rate
- Responsible for managing the corporate and personal taxation affairs of a boutique firm based in North-West London with approximately 700 clients ranging from significant multi-national company audits to individual tax returns. However, the majority of clients are owner-managed SME's with a turnover of £500k-£1m. Many clients are start-ups and are rapidly expanding so they require tax advice on their structure with a view to sell.
- Large numbers of clients are in the medical, antique/art, fashion and construction industries
- Reporting to partners and guiding staff as matters arise. You will have juniors and seniors assigned to you.
- Requires strong knowledge of all corporate and personal taxes and any reliefs including income tax, VAT, corporation tax (plus R&D), capital gains tax, inheritance tax, PAYE, CIS, trusts, charities, business restructure and reorganisations. Of course if there are any specific areas that are not familiar to the candidate this would be ok if they are intelligent and keen to learn.
- Must be ACA or ACCA qualified and strong candidates looking for the higher band of salary will be CTA qualified or mid-qualification. However, more important to us is experience in general practice.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and confident when dealing with clients
- Great possibility of progression to partner and potential for profit share in a successful, growing, local firm
- Salary around £70,000-£80,000
- Work split is 60:40 between compliance and advisory
- Working arrangements we would offer 100% work from office in the first 3-6 months and then they can work 1-2 days per week from home.
- Ideally the candidate will have some experience of accounts/audit work as well