Corporate Tax Consultant
Tax Consultant (UK Corporate Tax team) Reporting to Executive Director Hybrid working Study Support
Purpose of Role
We are looking for a hardworking and talented candidate to join our award winning tax team as a Consultant. Our Consultants are responsible for managing a portfolio of rewarding clients and as a candidate, you would ideally have 2-3 years of professional experience in tax. If you already have experience of managing a client portfolio during that time then this would be a bonus, but it is not essential.
The role will be focused on providing tax compliance services to the UK businesses of our international clients and will also give you the opportunity to work on various special projects and international tax aspects.
We are looking for a candidate with strong UK tax compliance skills (experience in advisory work is a bonus) who has started their relevant professional qualification and has had good success with their exams to date.
The Consultant role is designed to take your career to the next level by providing you with an environment to become an excellent client advisor with strong technical and client management skills, together with giving you a platform for future career development towards management level.
Full study support will be provided to allow you to continue with your professional qualification (ACA, ACA/CTA hybrid, paid exams, study leave and paid courses) and you'll have an experienced mentor to help you continue your personal development.
You can expect from us:
- A competitive salary, company benefits plus full study support to complete your professional qualification
- To be welcomed and be part of a 600+ strong workforce across 20 global offices
- An active portfolio of clients including many successful Tech companies, where you will become their key UK tax contact
- Exposure to a wide range of UK tax compliance including Corporation Tax, VAT, Employment Related Securities and Employer benefits reporting
- Exposure to a wide range of special and international work including transfer pricing, permanent establishment reviews, cross-border working arrangements, tax due diligence and support on specific corporate transactions
- Opportunity to develop and manage our Tax Assistants who will support you with your client portfolio
- Opportunity to be involved in complex and technical queries working directly with Managers and Directors
- Commitment on your coaching and personal development
- Lots of social, fun events and charity activities
What we would like from you:
- To be an enthusiastic, smart-working individual with a "can do" attitude
- Excellent technical ability and experience across a range of UK taxes and compliance
- Strong organisation skills and ability to "self-manage" and plan ahead in order to meet internal/external deadlines
- Strong client management and relationship skills and a willingness to grow in the department
- Strong commercial skills around the department's budget processes, client billing and meeting sales targets
- Ready to take on further responsibility and work on some of our most trusted clients
- Smart and professional in appearance
Want some more detail?
- Assisting with all types of UK tax compliance work (for our international clients who have UK operations) with certain tax advisory projects and other international work
- Assisting with all types of business tax registrations and compliance matters including corporate tax, VAT, transfer pricing, share schemes and international tax elements
- Liaising with HMRC in relation to our clients' UK business tax affairs, including registrations and set-ups, tax enquiries and settlements
- Assisting with research into the interaction of taxes and planning opportunities for our clients
- Keeping up to date with the latest business and international tax matters to supplement technical skills
- Ensuring understanding of current legislation and computations
- Regular support from our managers and directors
What benefits are offered?
- Full support in training for a professional qualification (ACA, ACA/CTA hybrid)
- 31 days holiday per annum (including bank and public holidays)
- Private Medical Insurance
- Death in Service (Life Insurance)
- Private Health Insurance (Income Protection)
- Corporate rate gym membership
- Voluntary group Dental Insurance