Finance Operations Manager - 12m, FTC
You will be working with a large UK brand manufacturer with an excellent order book
My client is a well known UK wide manufacturer with a great customer base and order book
The successful candidate will be expected to support, guide and advise the Senior Leadership Teams business decisions through the provision of insightful, relevant and evidence-based financial information ensuring the continued profitability of the business. Manage cost-saving projects through involvement in the creation of new products and the reporting of Operational KPI's such as waste, efficiencies, etc.
- Timely and accurate delivery of the weekly P&L to senior management with associated narrative explaining the operational performance in the week.
- Reconciliation of the month end ledgers to the weekly/monthly P&L forecast, understanding and explaining all significant variances
- Ownership of the monthly management accounts, ensuring timely reporting, accuracy of numbers and value add commentary explaining the period performance.
- Effective people management of the finance analysts who shall be responsible for namely, daily KPI reporting, overhead reporting/ reconciliations and business partnering. This will involve providing coaching and support, review of work and on the job feedback.
- Taking responsibility for the full P&L to ensure timely, accurate and robust financial forecasting throughout the budget process. This will involve strong stakeholder management to collate information from other financial teams (i.e. commercial/supply chain/etc).
- Ownership of bridging financial forecasts to previous forecast, understanding any significant differences, and collating the new financial forecast in to a presentation that can be distributed to senior management.
- Manage the operational balance sheet, including accruals, prepayments & fixed assets.
- Management of BOM system including bi-annual review, reviewing; efficiencies, waste, cost in preparation of the budget and forecast, material and labour usage. Ensuring financial BOM's are updated in a timely manner to capture the most recent financial forecast.
- Support the delivery of the Operational Brilliance Programme through robust business partnering and monthly reporting.
Technical or special knowledge, experience or training:
- Excellent analysis and financial interrogation skills
- Full grasp of production margins, bill of materials and variance reporting
- Strong commercial acumen with understanding of an NPD process
- Ability to meet tight reporting deadlines
- Advanced Excel experience with an ability to work with large, complex spreadsheets
- Experience in a similar role within a manufacturing business
- CIMA or ACCA (or equivalent) qualification, QBE's will also be considered
Any other requirements:
- Ability to work individually and as a member of the site management team
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to communicate with non-financial managers
an initial 12 month Fixed term contract starting immediately
Salary c£55,000 - £65,000 per Annam
Day rates may also be available
Hybrid working - 3 -4 days on site per week
free parking on site
good holiday allowance
heavily discounted products