Personal Tax Manager
Are you a tax professional looking for your next challenge? We have an excellent opportunity in our forward thinking modern practice!
As a Manager in the South Wests leading private client tax team you will advise and manage a diverse group of interesting and rewarding clients. Working as part of a team of 12 based within our Truro office you will help us deliver a first class tax advisory and compliance service.
What you'll be doing:
- Drafting reports and letters providing tax advice including IHT planning, residence and domicile, UK and offshore trusts etc
- Undertaking CGT advice on property, shares etc
- Compliance services including self-assessment tax returns, CGT 60-day reporting and IHT returns
- Liaise with other PKF firms throughout the world to meet client requirements
- Maintain good client relationships including by telephone and face to face meetings
- Correspond and deal confidentially with client enquires in relation to their personal tax issues and liabilities.
- Maintain direct contact with clients, HMRC, solicitors, other accountancy, law and professional services firms, in the delivery of an excellent client service
Knowledge, skills and attributes:
- Experience in providing and delivering tax advice
- Knowledge of trust and estate taxation
- Ability to review and interpret tax legislation, case law and Double Tax Agreements
- 5 years experience, at least ATT, ideally CTA
- Understanding of compliance standards imposed by the various regulatory authorities for tax
- Commercially astute, with keen analytical and problem-solving mind
- Organised and able to plan time efficiently in order to meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build rapport quickly with clients
- Professional and discreet in demonstrating client care
- Ability to manage WIP and debtors
- Digita experience an advantage
- Employer pension scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Travel to work loans
- Cycle to work scheme
- Client and employee referral bonuses
- Give as you earn
- Employee assistance programme
- Virtual GP
- Second opinion medical service
- Bereavement counselling and probate helpline
- Your professional institute fees paid by the firm
- Discounted shopping portal
- Francis Clark Charitable Foundation in support of current and former employees
- 25 days annual leave with the option to ‘buy back’ a further 5 days
Why work at PKF Francis Clark?
We’re the largest firm of independent chartered accountants and business advisors in South West England. We have eight offices in Bristol, Exeter, Plymouth, Poole, Salisbury, Taunton, Torquay and Truro.
The firm, which celebrated its centenary in 2019, has 54 partners and over 800 members of staff, with annual revenue of over £50 million. Our continuing growth offers you the opportunity to expand and develop your career in a direction that interests you.
We offer a supportive and flexible culture, taking your career seriously to enable you to be the best you can be.
PKF Francis Clark is a member of the PKF International family of legally independent firms, which together are ranked as the 11th largest provider of accountancy services in the UK by Accountancy Age.
Please click ‘Apply Now’. If you don’t have an up-to-date CV or would prefer to chat to someone before applying, get in touch with Gemma Rid on Gemma.Rid@pkf-francisclark.co.uk.