Tax Assistant (Private Client)
An great opportunity has arisen for a Tax Assistant to join our Private Client team in Exeter.
You'll be supporting the preparation and completion of various tax and accounting statements, as well as handle basic client correspondence.
We are looking for a confident, numerate and accurate individual, with an interest in business and company legislation, to join a highly regarded team and build a career in tax.
What you’ll be doing:
- Assisting in the preparation of tax returns
- Dealing with client communications in respect of their tax affairs including drafting letters and emails and speaking to clients on the telephone
- Assisting in the completion of various tax forms
- Preparation of simple accounting statements
- Any other duties as may be required to ensure the efficient running of the office
- Candidates will ideally be part qualified or qualified ATT. Study support will be given to those who have not yet completed their studies
- Comfortable working with figures, accurate and understand the significance of calculations
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Computer literate, with an aptitude towards spreadsheets and word processing
- Some work experience in business or an accountancy practice is desirable, but an aptitude to the work is more important
- Personable, enquiring and willing to ask questions when unsure
- Employer pension scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Travel to work loans
- Cycle to work scheme
- Client and employee referral bonuses
- Give as you earn
- Employee assistance programme
- Virtual GP
- Second opinion medical service
- Bereavement counselling and probate helpline
- Your professional institute fees paid by the firm
- Discounted shopping portal
- Francis Clark Charitable Foundation in support of current and former employees
- 20 days annual leave with the option to ‘buy back’ a further 5 days
Why work at PKF Francis Clark?
We’re the largest firm of independent chartered accountants and business advisors in South West England. We have eight offices in Bristol, Exeter, Plymouth, Poole, Salisbury, Taunton, Torquay and Truro.
The firm, which celebrated its centenary in 2019, has 54 partners and over 800 members of staff, with annual revenue of over £50 million. Our continuing growth offers you the opportunity to expand and develop your career in a direction that interests you.
We offer a supportive and flexible culture, taking your career seriously to enable you to be the best you can be.
PKF Francis Clark is a member of the PKF International family of legally independent firms, which together are ranked as the 11th largest provider of accountancy services in the UK by Accountancy Age.
To apply for this role, click the ‘Apply now’ button below. If you don’t have an up-to-date CV or if you would like an informal chat about the role before applying, then please contact Gemma Rid on Gemma.Rid@pkf-francisclark.co.uk.