Corporate Tax Senior
Due their continued success of winning new client work, our expert corporate tax team are growing their department and looking for a driven tax professional to join them on this exciting trajectory!
As a Corporate Tax Senior, you will support multiple assignments and manage the delivery of tax assignments to time, budget and quality standards.
We offer hybrid working and have a strong focus on work-life balance meaning our team is enjoying the opportunity to work at home in combination with some presence the office.
This role can either be based in our Bristol or Taunton office.
What you’ll be doing:
- Supporting more senior colleagues in activities ranging from preparing corporation tax computations and returns to minor advisory work such as capital allowances or R&D claims
- Assisting with annual Employer Return P11D/PSA/Form 42 submissions for clients through to working on specific projects such as incorporations and business restructuring
- Undertaking tax technical research for wider projects
- Undertaking a number of tax related administrative tasks
- Becoming involved with the business development efforts of the team
- Helping to build and maintain contact with clients, HMRC, solicitors, other accountancy, law and professional services firms, in the delivery of an excellent client service.
- Working alongside audit colleagues on annual tax assignments
- Previous experience in a tax compliance role, either at Assistant or Senior level
- ACA and CTA part qualified or interested in studying for CTA
- Excellent up to date technical knowledge
- Be fully aware and conversant with compliance standards imposed by the various regulatory authorities for tax and audit
- Commercially astute, with a keen analytical and problem-solving mind
- Organised and able to plan time efficiently in order to meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently, or as part of a team
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build rapport quickly with clients
- Professional and discreet in demonstrating client care
- Previous experience of Alphatax would be useful
- Employer pension scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Travel to work loans
- Cycle to work scheme
- Client and employee referral bonuses
- Give as you earn
- Employee assistance programme
- Virtual GP
- Second opinion medical service
- Bereavement counselling and probate helpline
- Your professional institute fees paid by the firm
- Discounted shopping portal
- Francis Clark Charitable Foundation in support of current and former employees
- 25 days annual leave with the option to ‘buy back’ a further 5 days
Why work at PKF Francis Clark?
We’re the largest firm of independent chartered accountants and business advisors in South West England. We have eight offices in Bristol, Exeter, Plymouth, Poole, Salisbury, Taunton, Torquay and Truro.
The firm, which celebrated its centenary in 2019, has 54 partners and over 800 members of staff, with annual revenue of over £50 million. Our continuing growth offers you the opportunity to expand and develop your career in a direction that interests you.
We offer a supportive and flexible culture, taking your career seriously to enable you to be the best you can be.
PKF Francis Clark is a member of the PKF International family of legally independent firms, which together are ranked as the 11th largest provider of accountancy services in the UK by Accountancy Age.
Please click ‘Apply Now’. If you don’t have an up-to-date CV or would prefer to chat to someone before applying, get in touch with Carrie MacDonald on Carrie.MacDonald@pkf-francisclark.co.uk