Tax Senior Manager (Private Client)
Due to successful business growth, we are currently recruiting for a Senior Tax Manager to join our Private Client team in Exeter.
What you’ll be doing:
- Be responsible for a manager portfolio of tax cases, including HNWIs, non-resident
- Review complex tax returns prepared by other members of the private client team
- Take the lead on advisory projects, including preparing and reviewing reports
- Develop new client relationships and maintain existing client relationships
- Correspond and deal with client enquiries in relation to their tax issues and liabilities, ensuring any unresolved issues are referred to the appropriate Partner/Director including the handling / identification of tax planning opportunities
- Ensure adherence to all compliance processes
- Network with contacts, introducers and work providers
- Attend relevant business development activities and events.
- Previous experience in a private client tax advisory role
- A good knowledge of inheritance tax, trusts, capital gains tax, and residence and domicile tax matters
- In particular, be able to advise clients in relation UK tax implications of offshore trusts and their UK resident beneficiaries, as well as non-resident CGT reporting and IHT consultancy advice
- Some stamp duty land tax knowledge would be advantageous but not essential
- Preferably CTA/STEP qualified
- Excellent up to date technical knowledge
- Commercially astute, with keen analytical and problem-solving mind
- Organised and able to plan time efficiently in order to meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build rapport quickly with clients
- Professional and discreet in demonstrating client care
- Be fully aware and conversant with compliance standards
- Knowledge of Digita advantageous.
- Employer pension scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Travel to work loans
- Cycle to work scheme
- Client and employee referral bonuses
- Give as you earn
- Employee assistance programme
- Virtual GP
- Second opinion medical service
- Bereavement counselling and probate helpline
- Your professional institute fees paid by the firm
- Discounted shopping portal
- Francis Clark Charitable Foundation in support of current and former employees
- 25 days annual leave with the option to ‘buy back’ a further 5 days
Why work at PKF Francis Clark?
We’re the largest firm of independent chartered accountants and business advisors in South West England. We have eight offices in Bristol, Exeter, Plymouth, Poole, Salisbury, Taunton, Torquay and Truro.
The firm, which celebrated its centenary in 2019, has 54 partners and over 800 members of staff, with annual revenue of over £50 million. Our continuing growth offers you the opportunity to expand and develop your career in a direction that interests you.
We offer a supportive and flexible culture, taking your career seriously to enable you to be the best you can be.
PKF Francis Clark is a member of the PKF International family of legally independent firms, which together are ranked as the 11th largest provider of accountancy services in the UK by Accountancy Age.
To apply for this role, click the ‘Apply now’ button below. If you don’t have an up-to-date CV or if you would like an informal chat about the role before applying, then please contact Gemma Rid on Gemma.Rid@pkf-francisclark.co.uk.