Corporate Tax Advisory Senior Manager/Director
We have a fantastic role in our Tax team for an individual with significant compliance and advisory experience. You will manage and develop a corporate tax team and well established portfolio of OMB/SME and larger corporate clients providing a mix of compliance and advisory services.
This role can be based within a reasonable distance to our Exeter or Plymouth offices, with a view to working out of the office about one day per week.
What you’ll be doing:
In particular we are seeking an individual who has experience in:
- Large and complex corporate tax compliance
- Corporate tax HMRC enquiries
- Undertaking tax due diligence reviews and preparing key findings reports
- International corporate tax issues and structuring
- Corporate reconstructions / demergers etc
- General business tax advisory
You will be using this experience to:
- Report to the Tax Partners
- Liaise closely with the Accounts/Audit Directors/Partners to ensure a comprehensive service to clients
- Assist with building the tax practice
- Supervise the local corporate tax team
- Prepare and review complex returns
- Correspond and deal with client enquires
- Maintain direct contact with clients and HMRC
- Undertake client tax work
- Remain technically up to date with all relevant tax matters and able to accurately interpret and apply current tax legislation
- Manage work-in-progress on all assignments ensuring regular and timely billing and assisting with the prompt collection of debtors
- Review tax work and smaller assignments undertaken by general practice staff, providing coaching (where necessary) and addressing outstanding issues
- Be involved in internal and external presentations
- Ensure all outgoing work is appropriately reviewed and authorised
- CTA and / or ACA/ACCA qualified
- In due course support will be considered for the Advance Diploma of International Taxation if desired and appropriate for the role
- Experience of working within practice, with the competence to deal with managing a portfolio of clients and assignments, management and coaching of staff and trainees
- Excellent interpersonal skills – able to deal with people at all levels
- Self-motivated and able to show initiative
- Accurate and able to work well under pressure
- Good problem-solving skills
- Employer pension scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Travel to work loans
- Cycle to work scheme
- Client and employee referral bonuses
- Give as you earn
- Employee assistance programme
- Virtual GP
- Second opinion medical service
- Bereavement counselling and probate helpline
- Your professional institute fees paid by the firm
- Discounted shopping portal
- Francis Clark Charitable Foundation in support of current and former employees
- 25-27 days annual leave with the option to ‘buy back’ a further 5 days
Why work at PKF Francis Clark?
We’re the largest firm of independent chartered accountants and business advisors in South West England. We have eight offices in Bristol, Exeter, Plymouth, Poole, Salisbury, Taunton, Torquay and Truro.
The firm, which celebrated its centenary in 2019, has 54 partners and over 800 members of staff, with annual revenue of over £50 million. Our continuing growth offers you the opportunity to expand and develop your career in a direction that interests you.
We offer a supportive and flexible culture, taking your career seriously to enable you to be the best you can be.
PKF Francis Clark is a member of the PKF International family of legally independent firms, which together are ranked as the 11th largest provider of accountancy services in the UK by Accountancy Age.
To apply for this role, click the ‘Apply now’ button below. If you don’t have an up-to-date CV or if you would like an informal chat about the role before applying, then please contact Gemma Rid on Gemma.Rid@pkf-francisclark.co.uk.