Tax Disputes Manager
Are Tax queries your thing? Do you enjoy problem solving?
Then we have an excellent opportunity to join our Tax Advisory Services team as a Tax Disputes Manager!
This role can be based within a reasonable distance to any of our offices (Truro, Plymouth, Torquay, Exeter, Taunton, Bristol, Salisbury, Poole), with a mix of office and home working.
- Practical experience of dealing with HMRC (from within or outside of HMRC) and/or advising individuals and clients subject to HMRC enquiries
- Ideally (but not essential) you will have experience of working within HMRC in a varied range of enforcement and compliance roles, i.e. employer compliance, local compliance, specialist roles and/or counter-avoidance
- Hold tax and accountancy qualifications such as CTA and/or ACA/ACCA, however this too is not an essential requirement
- Experience of managing a portfolio of clients and assignments
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills, approachable, and all-round communication skills.
- Ability to work confidently and competently within the tax dispute resolution environment
- Good organisational, time management skills
- Self-motivated and able to show initiative
- Good problem-solving skills
What you’ll be doing:
- Oversee all manner of HMRC enquiry checks and tax investigations
- Offer valued support and a robust courteous defence for our clients
- Research queries and provide answers
- Manage client expectations when necessary, providing an honest appraisal and options to take matters forward
- Provide support, share ideas and impart knowledge
- Coach and assist colleagues
- Taking a lead role in and managing the assignment process
- Documenting work in a clear and concise manner, ensuring all working papers are legible, easy to follow and well presented
- Maintain and update own tax knowledge and keep up to date with procedures and practice
- Ensure that work is delivered on time and/or to budget
- Management of work-in-progress on all assignments ensuring regular and timely billing and assisting with the prompt collection of debtors
- Be involved in internal and external presentations
- Ensure all outgoing work is appropriately reviewed and authorised
- Liaise with other departments as necessary on client affairs.
- Employer pension scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Travel to work loans
- Cycle to work scheme
- Client and employee referral bonuses
- Give as you earn
- Employee assistance programme
- Virtual GP
- Second opinion medical service
- Bereavement counselling and probate helpline
- Your professional institute fees paid by the firm
- Discounted shopping portal
- Francis Clark Charitable Foundation in support of current and former employees
- 25 days annual leave with the option to ‘buy back’ a further 5 days
Why work at PKF Francis Clark?
We’re the largest firm of independent chartered accountants and business advisors in South West England. We have eight offices in Bristol, Exeter, Plymouth, Poole, Salisbury, Taunton, Torquay and Truro.
The firm, which celebrated its centenary in 2019, has 54 partners and over 800 members of staff, with annual revenue of over £50 million. Our continuing growth offers you the opportunity to expand and develop your career in a direction that interests you.
We offer a supportive and flexible culture, taking your career seriously to enable you to be the best you can be.
PKF Francis Clark is a member of the PKF International family of legally independent firms, which together are ranked as the 11th largest provider of accountancy services in the UK by Accountancy Age.
To apply to the Tax Disputes Manager role, click the ‘Apply now’ button below. If you don’t have an up-to-date CV or if you would like an informal chat about the role before applying, then please contact Gemma Rid on Gemma.Rid@pkf-francisclark.co.uk.