Corporate Finance Associate/Manager
Our award-winning and market-leading Corporate Finance team’s continued expansion means that we now have the opportunity for an ambitious professional to join our team and develop their career further in CF.
The team is very active in the region in which it operates, having completed over 100 transactions last year and being ranked as one of the top financial advisors by volume for the whole of the Southern Region for 2021 (Experian).
The Corporate Finance team advises on a wide range of transactions, fundraisings, valuations, and provides strategic input to management teams and shareholders. Transactions tend to range between £1m - £100m and increasingly involve our international PKF network.
You will have the rare opportunity to develop your career through both M&A (buy-side and sell-side) and undertake Due Diligence on transactions. This will provide you with a broad range of experience allowing the individual to not only develop faster but choose the offering within the PKF team that suits you best as you progress throughout your career, rather than having to select one side of Corporate Finance at an early stage.
- ACA qualified (or equivalent), although applicants nearing qualification may also be considered)
- Commercially minded, with an enquiring and analytical approach to add value to our clients
- Accurate, with excellent written and verbal communication skills both with external and internal networks
- Ability to work independently with strong time management skills to meet deadlines
- Ability to assimilate information from various sources quickly
- Computer literate, with experience using MS Excel and its use in detailed financial analysis
- Report writing experience including use of MS Word and MS PowerPoint
- Team orientated and flexible when required to aid the overall Corporate Finance team
- Report writing experience including use of MS Word
What you’ll be doing:
The primary responsibility is to support the Corporate Finance team on a wide range of assignments based across the region.
- Projects may include the creation of business plans and financial models, mergers and acquisitions, disposals, management buy-outs, fundraising, and valuations
- Market research including company financials for valuations, buyers identification and sector transaction multiples
- Undertaking due diligence exercises on behalf of a range of organisations
- Work closely with Partners and Directors on day-to-day basis
- Act as a key contact to clients whilst performing aspects of business transactions
- Contributing to business development, through preparing proposal documents, client meetings and attendance at business events
- Employer pension scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Travel to work loans
- Cycle to work scheme
- Client and employee referral bonuses
- Give as you earn
- Employee assistance programme
- Virtual GP
- Second opinion medical service
- Bereavement counselling and probate helpline
- Your professional institute fees paid by the firm
- Discounted shopping portal
- Francis Clark Charitable Foundation in support of current and former employees
- 25 days annual leave with the option to ‘buy back’ a further 5 days
Why work at PKF Francis Clark?
We’re the largest firm of independent chartered accountants and business advisors in South West England. We have eight offices in Bristol, Exeter, Plymouth, Poole, Salisbury, Taunton, Torquay and Truro.
The firm, which celebrated its centenary in 2019, has 54 partners and over 800 members of staff, with annual revenue of over £50 million. Our continuing growth offers you the opportunity to expand and develop your career in a direction that interests you.
We offer a supportive and flexible culture, taking your career seriously to enable you to be the best you can be.
PKF Francis Clark is a member of the PKF International family of legally independent firms, which together are ranked as the 11th largest provider of accountancy services in the UK by Accountancy Age.
To apply for this role, click the ‘Apply now’ button below. If you don’t have an up-to-date CV or if you would like an informal chat about the role before applying, then please contact Gemma Rid on Gemma.Rid@pkf-francisclark.co.uk.