Are you a qualified accountant (or nearing qualification) who is looking for the next step in their career?
Our Taunton office has excellent opportunities for ambitious accounting professionals to join our fast growing, fun loving and dynamic team.
Our team is passionate about the work they do and have built great relationships with a variety of clients.
Together with working within a supportive environment, there will be significant opportunities to progress within the department.
- ACA/ACCA qualified (or equivalent QBE) - or nearing qualification
- Good technical knowledge of accounts preparation and tax compliance.
- Committed, logical and accurate, with a methodical approach to work and strong attention to detail.
- Experience in servicing different types of business entity.
- Experience in using accounts and tax return software.
- Proficient in MS Office (with strong Excel skills)
- Able to work independently and demonstrate initiative in delivering an excellent service to clients.
- A good team spirit and desire to enjoy a role with progression opportunities
What you’ll be doing:
- Planning, preparing and completing year-end accounts.
- Preparing tax computations and tax returns for companies, partnerships and individuals.
- Supervising and supporting the work of less experienced team members.
- Identifying financial, commercial and tax planning opportunities for clients.
- Working with clients to support our service deliver including occasional visits on site
- Being part of our team attending various events and shows supporting clients and prospects
- Complying with internal policies and procedures, ethical standards and regulatory requirements.
- Employer pension scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Travel to work loans
- Cycle to work scheme
- Client and employee referral bonuses
- Give as you earn
- Employee assistance programme
- Virtual GP
- Second opinion medical service
- Bereavement counselling and probate helpline
- Your professional institute fees paid by the firm
- Discounted shopping portal
- Francis Clark Charitable Foundation in support of current and former employees
- 20-25 days annual leave with the option to ‘buy back’ a further 5 days
Why work at PKF Francis Clark?
We’re the largest firm of independent chartered accountants and business advisors in South West England. We have eight offices in Bristol, Exeter, Plymouth, Poole, Salisbury, Taunton, Torquay and Truro.
The firm, which celebrated its centenary in 2019, has 54 partners and over 800 members of staff, with annual revenue of over £50 million. Our continuing growth offers you the opportunity to expand and develop your career in a direction that interests you.
We offer a supportive and flexible culture, taking your career seriously to enable you to be the best you can be.
PKF Francis Clark is a member of the PKF International family of legally independent firms, which together are ranked as the 11th largest provider of accountancy services in the UK by Accountancy Age.
Please click ‘Apply Now’. If you don’t have an up-to-date CV or would prefer to chat to someone before applying, get in touch with Carrie MacDonald on Carrie.MacDonald@pkf-francisclark.co.uk.