Are you looking for a role where no two days are the same? Do you enjoy a varied role? Then we have the opportunity for you!
Working within our fast growing business services team in Salisbury you will be involved in the provision of general accounting and tax compliance services.
What you’ll be doing:
- Dealing with the completion of annual accounts and tax computations, for both incorporated and un-incorporated businesses with up to £10M turnover
- Dealing with the completion and submission of self-assessment tax returns for Business Services clients
- Ensuring that accounting records for clients are maintained and kept up to date
- Dealing with the completion of quarterly VAT returns
- Dealing with the completion of sub-contractors returns and ensuring that CIS requirements are met
- Comply with internal policies and procedures, ethical standards and regulatory requirements
- Drafting correspondence for clients; liaising with HMRC, by telephone and email
- Providing varied administrative and business set-up services for clients
- Supervising, and supporting the work of less experienced team members
- Training student staff
- ACA/ ACCA/ AAT qualified or qualified by experience. Those in training will also be considered
- Experienced in accounts preparation for partnerships/LLPs and limited companies
- Applicants should be accurate, analytical and methodical in their approach to work
- Able to work independently and demonstrate initiative in delivering an excellent service to clients
- Experience of electronic accounting packages
- Familiarisation with personal and business tax regulations, plus VAT and PAYE
- Proficient in MS Office (ie. Excel, Word, Outlook), Sage, Xero and QBO
- Calm and efficient under pressure, with the ability to respond to client enquires promptly, accurately and efficiently
- Confident, professional and team orientated in approach
- Employer pension scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Travel to work loans
- Cycle to work scheme
- Client and employee referral bonuses
- Give as you earn
- Employee assistance programme
- Virtual GP
- Second opinion medical service
- Bereavement counselling and probate helpline
- Your professional institute fees paid by the firm
- Discounted shopping portal
- Francis Clark Charitable Foundation in support of current and former employees
- 25 days annual leave with the option to ‘buy back’ a further 5 days
Why work at PKF Francis Clark?
We’re the largest firm of independent chartered accountants and business advisors in South West England. We have eight offices in Bristol, Exeter, Plymouth, Poole, Salisbury, Taunton, Torquay and Truro.
The firm, which celebrated its centenary in 2019, has 54 partners and over 800 members of staff, with annual revenue of over £50 million. Our continuing growth offers you the opportunity to expand and develop your career in a direction that interests you.
We offer a supportive and flexible culture, taking your career seriously to enable you to be the best you can be.
PKF Francis Clark is a member of the PKF International family of legally independent firms, which together are ranked as the 11th largest provider of accountancy services in the UK by Accountancy Age.
Please click ‘Apply Now’. If you don’t have an up-to-date CV or would prefer to chat to someone before applying, get in touch with Carrie MacDonald on Carrie.MacDonald@pkf-francisclark.co.uk.