Are you a Tax professional looking to enhance your skills and progress your career?
Then why not consider our Tax Consultant position within our specialist Tax Advisory Services.
Our Tax Advisory Services (TAS) department is PKF Francis Clark’s specialist tax group, operating as a virtual department across the firm’s offices. It provides support on complex and specialist tax matters to general practice client engagement teams as well as engaging directly with ‘tax-only’ clients on one-off advisory matters. TAS includes groups focused on innovation taxes, employer solutions, investigations, property & wealth and two corporate teams (CCI and ROCT) covering complex corporate, financing, international, restructuring and corporate transactions work.
- Good level of post qualification experience in a tax environment, exposed to range of complex assignments, or able to demonstrate equivalent
- CTA and / or ACA / ACCA qualified (or willing to work towards the CTA qualification)
- Experience of public practice, with the competence to deal with managing a portfolio of corporate tax clients
- Excellent interpersonal skills – able to deal with people at all levels
- Self-motivated and able to show initiative
- Accurate and able to work well under pressure
- Good problem-solving skills
What you’ll be doing:
At consultant level, you will work across the range of specialisms, supporting all senior managers, directors and partners in delivering projects. Expectations of level of responsibility would include the following:
- Scoping and costing new projects
- Preparing risk assessments to identify key tax issues to be considered
- Liaising directly with clients and engagement teams to understand and document legal, accounting and commercial background to engagements
- Drafting tax advice for review by senior team members
- Seeking clearances and advance assurance from HMRC
- Reviewing transaction documents for consistency with tax advice given
- Reviewing tax deeds and warranties in transaction documents
- Reviewing target company information and preparing transaction due diligence reports
- Preparing complex corporation tax returns and reviewing lower complexity returns
- Liaising with non-UK firms in the PKF network to obtain input on international tax projects and preparing advice on the impact of UK and non-UK taxes
- Monitoring project budgets and preparing fees
- Employer pension scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Travel to work loans
- Cycle to work scheme
- Client and employee referral bonuses
- Give as you earn
- Employee assistance programme
- Virtual GP
- Second opinion medical service
- Bereavement counselling and probate helpline
- Your professional institute fees paid by the firm
- Discounted shopping portal
- Francis Clark Charitable Foundation in support of current and former employees
- 25 days annual leave with the option to ‘buy back’ a further 5 days
Why work at PKF Francis Clark?
We’re the largest firm of independent chartered accountants and business advisors in South West England. We have eight offices in Bristol, Exeter, Plymouth, Poole, Salisbury, Taunton, Torquay and Truro.
The firm, which celebrated its centenary in 2019, has 54 partners and over 800 members of staff, with annual revenue of over £50 million. Our continuing growth offers you the opportunity to expand and develop your career in a direction that interests you.
We offer a supportive and flexible culture, taking your career seriously to enable you to be the best you can be.
PKF Francis Clark is a member of the PKF International family of legally independent firms, which together are ranked as the 11th largest provider of accountancy services in the UK by Accountancy Age.
To apply to the Tax Consultant role, click the ‘Apply now’ button below. If you don’t have an up-to-date CV or if you would like an informal chat about the role before applying, then please contact Gemma Rid on Gemma.Rid@pkf-francisclark.co.uk.