Are you an experienced accountant looking for your next step in the healthcare sector? Then our position is perfect for you!
This position can be based out of either our Exeter, Torquay, Plymouth or Truro offices in combination with our hybrid working approach.
What you’ll be doing:
You will be providing a range of accountancy related services to both new and established GP clients.
What you'll be doing:
- Running a portfolio of GP practices
- Advising clients on a broad range of commercial, accounting and taxation issues
- Referring more complex queries and issues to specialist teams or colleagues
- Supervising and mentoring more junior staff
- Supporting other managers in the team
- Contributing to team management and work allocation decision making
- AAT/ACA qualified or qualified by experience
- Experienced in accounts preparation for partnerships/LLPs and limited companies
- Applicants should be accurate, analytical and methodical in their approach to work
- Able to work independently and demonstrate initiative in delivering an excellent service to clients
- Experience of electronic accounting packages
- Familiarisation with personal and business tax regulations, plus VAT and PAYE
- Proficient in MS Office 2007 (i.e. Excel, Word, Outlook), Sage, Xero and QBO
- Calm and efficient under pressure, with the ability to respond to client enquires promptly, accurately and efficiently
- Previous experience supporting, leading or coaching others
- Previous accounting experience within the context of GP practices is preferable
- Employer pension scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Travel to work loans
- Cycle to work scheme
- Client and employee referral bonuses
- Give as you earn
- Employee assistance programme
- Virtual GP
- Second opinion medical service
- Bereavement counselling and probate helpline
- Your professional institute fees paid by the firm
- Discounted shopping portal
- Francis Clark Charitable Foundation in support of current and former employees
- 25 days annual leave with the option to ‘buy back’ a further 5 days
Why work at PKF Francis Clark?
We’re the largest firm of independent chartered accountants and business advisors in South West England. We have eight offices in Bristol, Exeter, Plymouth, Poole, Salisbury, Taunton, Torquay and Truro.
The firm, which celebrated its centenary in 2019, has 54 partners and over 800 members of staff, with annual revenue of over £50 million. Our continuing growth offers you the opportunity to expand and develop your career in a direction that interests you.
We offer a supportive and flexible culture, taking your career seriously to enable you to be the best you can be.
PKF Francis Clark is a member of the PKF International family of legally independent firms, which together are ranked as the 11th largest provider of accountancy services in the UK by Accountancy Age.
To apply for this role, click the ‘Apply now’ button below. If you don’t have an up-to-date CV or if you would like an informal chat about the role before applying, then please contact Gemma Rid on Gemma.Rid@pkf-francisclark.co.uk.