Are you an ambitious audit professional looking for a great employer who values your input?
Then look no further than us; we have a great opportunity for you to work within our fast-growing corporate services team in Plymouth!
You’ll be part of a friendly and professional team, ensuring the validity of client’s financial records and making recommendations for improvements in their systems and commercial observations where appropriate. You’ll work on a variety of the firm’s largest and most prestigious clients within the region including commercial as well as charity/not-for-profit clients.
- ACA/ ACCA part qualified relevant experience
- Statutory audit experience, gained in a public practice environment and including experience of group audits and preparing consolidated financial statements
- Committed, accurate, methodical and enquiring approach to work
- Commercially astute, with keen analytical and problem-solving mind
- Organised and able to plan time efficiently in order to meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently, or as part of a team
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build rapport quickly with clients
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Professional and discreet in demonstrating client care
- Experience in using automated audit software and computer based accounts and tax compilation programmes; plus MS Excel, Word and Outlook skills
- Knowledge of UK Financial Reporting Standards and International Standards on Auditing; knowledge of IFRS
What you’ll be doing:
- Working as part of an audit team ensuring the validity of clients financial records and making recommendations for improvements in their systems and commercial observations where appropriate
- Planning, carrying out and completing statutory audits of corporate clients, both on-site and back in the office
- Taking responsibility for managing workloads and meeting deadlines
- Liaising with client staff, which often includes non-accounts personnel
- Good promotion opportunities for the right candidate as the business grows.
- Employer pension scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Travel to work loans
- Cycle to work scheme
- Client and employee referral bonuses
- Give as you earn
- Employee assistance programme
- Virtual GP
- Second opinion medical service
- Bereavement counselling and probate helpline
- Your professional institute fees paid by the firm
- Discounted shopping portal
- Francis Clark Charitable Foundation in support of current and former employees
Why work at PKF Francis Clark?
We’re the largest firm of independent chartered accountants and business advisors in South West England. We have eight offices in Bristol, Exeter, Plymouth, Poole, Salisbury, Taunton, Torquay and Truro.
The firm, which celebrated its centenary in 2019, has 54 partners and over 800 members of staff, with annual revenue of over £50 million. Our continuing growth offers you the opportunity to expand and develop your career in a direction that interests you.
We offer a supportive and flexible culture, taking your career seriously to enable you to be the best you can be.
PKF Francis Clark is a member of the PKF International family of legally independent firms, which together are ranked as the 11th largest provider of accountancy services in the UK by Accountancy Age.
To apply to the Audit Assistant role, click the ‘Apply now’ button below. If you don’t have an up-to-date CV or if you would like an informal chat about the role before applying, then please contact Gemma Rid on Gemma.Rid@pkf-francisclark.co.uk.