Interim Financial Accountant
Interim Financial Accountant 4 months plus £190-£225 per day
Your new company
You will be working as a Financial Accountant full time, working from home and only needing to go into the office once a month. This interim role will run for between 4-5 months but may be extended as required.
Your new role
You will be as a Financial Accountant in the UK Shared Services Division with the main purpose to support the timely and accurate reporting of the entity/entities in scope, with particular focus on the balance sheet, and to ensure that robust procedures and controls are in place. Main duties include :-
Balance Sheet Account Reconciliation
- Reconcile all balance sheet accounts within assigned entity monthly, including sub-ledger to GL reconciliations
- Ensure supporting evidence of balances and timely clearance of reconciling items
- Escalate any areas of risk or non-compliance to management
- Processing of all transactions within scope of Shared Services, including accruals and prepayments o Adherence to Group accounting timetable and Accounting Manual
- Ensure Control file completion and review as required
- Record all review points observed as prepare and ensure timely follow up of all review points raised by Management
What you'll need to succeed
- ACCA Qualified
- High level of numeracy and IT literate (Excel/PowerPoint).
- Knowledge of the following systems would be advantageous:
- Microsoft D365 (Finance & Operations); IBM Cognos Controller; TM1, Vision; Fourth Shift; JD Edwards
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with all levels across the business
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organisational skills and ability to work to tight deadlines
- Strong process and financial control discipline
- Flexible and motivated team player with a drive to deliver and achieve in role
What you'll get in return
Competitive Day Rate £190-£225
Hybrid working - Only need to be in the office once a month
On going work with Hays
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.