Our successful legal sector team is growing and will be building a brand-new Bristol based team of legal experts in 2022.
We're therefore looking for a Manager who is keen develop their expertise and skills in the legal sector to join our Client Services team in Bristol.
What you’ll be doing:
- Carrying out assignments and assisting in managing teams in relation to SRA Accounts Rules reports, law firm accounts and audits (where applicable)
- Working closely with the Manager and client engagement Partner to co-ordinate both the compliance and any specialist services
- Acting as a key point of contact for all SRA ARs and accounts/audit related matters, demonstrating a sound commercial understanding of their business and assisting the Manager in keeping them regularly informed of progress in relation to the service provided
- Assisting with the coaching and development of staff less experienced in this sector, from new recruit to qualified seniors, both on-site and in the office
- Helping to identify and raise business development opportunities with new and existing clients
- Developing your own internal and external network to liaise with consultants and technical Partners across the firm’s legal services sector in providing the above
- Assisting with and taking part in presenting seminars/webinars and other presentations to FC staff, clients, law society bodies, prospective clients etc. as part of the business development effort.
- A real interest in the legal sector and a desire to fully develop your expertise and build a reputation for yourself (both within and outside the firm) and help develop that of PKF Francis Clark
- Detailed knowledge of the SRA Accounts Rules and the compliance obligations for law firms
- ACA or ACCA qualified
- Experience of partnership, LLP and limited company accounts
- Experience in audit of law firm accounts, in particular LLPs, and a good working knowledge of compliance and regulation
- An understanding of law firm key commercial performance factors
- Professional, articulate and confident in approach
- Presentation skills
- An ability to quickly build rapport with clients
- Some previous experience of managing and developing people.
- Employer pension scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Travel to work loans
- Cycle to work scheme
- Client and employee referral bonuses
- Give as you earn
- Employee assistance programme
- Virtual GP
- Second opinion medical service
- Bereavement counselling and probate helpline
- Your professional institute fees paid by the firm
- Discounted shopping portal
- Francis Clark Charitable Foundation in support of current and former employees
- 25 days annual leave with the option to ‘buy back’ a further 5 days
Why work at PKF Francis Clark?
We’re the largest firm of independent chartered accountants and business advisors in South West England. We have eight offices in Bristol, Exeter, Plymouth, Poole, Salisbury, Taunton, Torquay and Truro.
The firm, which celebrated its centenary in 2019, has 54 partners and over 800 members of staff, with annual revenue of over £50 million. Our continuing growth offers you the opportunity to expand and develop your career in a direction that interests you.
We offer a supportive and flexible culture, taking your career seriously to enable you to be the best you can be.
PKF Francis Clark is a member of the PKF International family of legally independent firms, which together are ranked as the 11th largest provider of accountancy services in the UK by Accountancy Age.
Please click ‘Apply Now’. If you don’t have an up-to-date CV or would prefer to chat to someone before applying, get in touch with Carrie MacDonald on Carrie.MacDonald@pkf-francis-clark.co.uk