Due to the continued success of our established legal accounting division, we are delighted to announce that we will be investing in a brand new Bristol based team in 2022!
One of our key hires will be for an experienced Director to come and lead the wider team on this exciting journey.
This new role will involve the following:
- Running a portfolio of legal sector clients
- Advising clients on a broad range of commercial, accounting and taxation issues
- Referring more complex queries and issues to specialist teams or colleagues
- Supervising and mentoring both managers and more junior staff
- Supporting and overseeing sector managers
- Responsible for co-ordinating team-management and work allocation decision making
What you’ll be doing:
- Managing the delivery of assignments and managing teams in relation to SRA Accounts Rules (SRA ARs) reports, law firm accounts and statutory audits (where applicable)
- Working closely with the client engagement Partner to co-ordinate both the compliance and any specialist services
- Acting as a key client point of contact for all SRA ARs and statutory accounts/audit related matters, demonstrating a sound commercial understanding of their business and assisting the Manager in keeping the client regularly informed of progress in relation to the service provided
- Helping to identify and raise business development opportunities with new and existing client
- Coaching and development of the sector team in the Bristol office less experienced in this sector, from new recruit to qualified seniors, both on-site and in the office
- Developing your own internal and external network to liaise with consultants and technical Partners across the firm’s legal services sector in providing the above
- Assisting with and taking part in presenting seminars/webinars and other presentations to FC staff, clients, law society bodies, prospective clients etc. as part of the business development effort.
- A keen interest in the legal sector and a desire to fully develop your expertise and build a reputation for yourself (both within and outside the firm) and help develop that of PKF Francis Clark
- Detailed knowledge of the SRA Accounts Rules and the compliance obligations for law firms
- ACA or ACCA qualified
- Applicants should be accurate, analytical and methodical in their approach to work
- Able to work independently and demonstrate initiative in delivering an excellent service to clients
- Experience of partnership, LLP and Limited Company statutory accounts
- Experience in statutory audit of law firm accounts, in particular LLPs, and a good working knowledge of compliance and regulation
- A strong understanding of law firm key commercial performance factors
- Professional, articulate and confident in approach
- Calm and efficient under pressure, with the ability to respond to client enquires promptly, accurately and efficiently
- Previous experience supporting, leading or coaching others
- Presentation skills
- An ability to quickly build rapport with clients
- Familiarisation with personal and business tax regulations, plus VAT and PAYE
- Proficient in MS Office 2007 (i.e. Excel, Word, Outlook),
- Employer pension scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Travel to work loans
- Cycle to work scheme
- Client and employee referral bonuses
- Give as you earn
- Employee assistance programme
- Virtual GP
- Second opinion medical service
- Bereavement counselling and probate helpline
- Your professional institute fees paid by the firm
- Discounted shopping portal
- Francis Clark Charitable Foundation in support of current and former employees
- 27 days annual leave with the option to ‘buy back’ a further 5 days
Why work at PKF Francis Clark?
We’re the largest firm of independent chartered accountants and business advisors in South West England. We have eight offices in Bristol, Exeter, Plymouth, Poole, Salisbury, Taunton, Torquay and Truro.
The firm, which celebrated its centenary in 2019, has 54 partners and over 800 members of staff, with annual revenue of over £50 million. Our continuing growth offers you the opportunity to expand and develop your career in a direction that interests you.
We offer a supportive and flexible culture, taking your career seriously to enable you to be the best you can be.
PKF Francis Clark is a member of the PKF International family of legally independent firms, which together are ranked as the 11th largest provider of accountancy services in the UK by Accountancy Age.
Please click ‘Apply Now’. If you don’t have an up-to-date CV or would prefer to chat to someone before applying, get in touch with Carrie MacDonald on Carrie.MacDonald@pkf-francisclark.co.uk.