Are you looking for an accounting opportunity which has lots of variety?
We have an excellent new role in our Business Services team where you can grow and finesse your accounts and tax experience in a professional and friendly environment.
What you’ll be doing:
- Completing annual accounts and doing tax computations for incorporated and un-incorporated businesses with up to £10M turnover
- Dealing with the completion and submission of self-assessment tax returns for Business Services clients
- Ensuring that accounting records for clients are maintained and kept up to date
- Dealing with the completion of quarterly VAT returns
- Comply with internal policies and procedures, ethical standards and regulatory requirements
- Drafting correspondence for clients; liaising with HMRC, by telephone and email
- Providing varied administrative and business set-up services for clients
- Supervising, and supporting the work of less experienced team members
- Training student staff
- ACA or ACCA qualified or part qualified
- Experienced in accounts preparation for partnerships/LLPs and limited companies
- Applicants should be accurate, analytical and methodical in their approach to work
- Able to work independently and demonstrate initiative in delivering an excellent service to clients
- Willing to meet new clients
- Experience of electronic accounting packages
- Familiarisation with personal and business tax regulations, plus VAT and PAYE
- Proficient in MS Office (ie. Excel, Word, Outlook), Sage, Xero and QBO
- Calm and efficient under pressure, with the ability to respond to client enquiries promptly, accurately and efficiently
- Confident, professional and team orientated in approach
- Employer pension scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Travel to work loans
- Cycle to work scheme
- Client and employee referral bonuses
- Give as you earn
- Employee assistance programme
- Virtual GP
- Second opinion medical service
- Bereavement counselling and probate helpline
- Your professional institute fees paid by the firm
- Discounted shopping portal
- Francis Clark Charitable Foundation in support of current and former employees
- 25 days annual leave with the option to ‘buy back’ a further 5 days
Why work at PKF Francis Clark?
We’re the largest firm of independent chartered accountants and business advisors in South West England. We have eight offices in Bristol, Exeter, Plymouth, Poole, Salisbury, Taunton, Torquay and Truro.
The firm, which celebrated its centenary in 2019, has 54 partners and over 800 members of staff, with annual revenue of over £50 million. Our continuing growth offers you the opportunity to expand and develop your career in a direction that interests you.
We offer a supportive and flexible culture, taking your career seriously to enable you to be the best you can be.
PKF Francis Clark is a member of the PKF International family of legally independent firms, which together are ranked as the 11th largest provider of accountancy services in the UK by Accountancy Age.
To apply for this role, click the ‘Apply now’ button below. If you don’t have an up-to-date CV or if you would like an informal chat about the role before applying, then please contact Gemma Rid on Gemma.Rid@pkf-francisclark.co.uk.