Tax Senior (Private Client)
A fantastic opportunity for an ambitious private client tax professional to join our successful and growing client services team. In this role you will deliver first class compliance service and support on advisory projects to a broad range of clients including individuals, trusts and partnerships.
What you’ll be doing:
- Managing a portfolio of tax cases, including individuals, trusts, partnerships
- Compliance services including preparing self-assessment tax returns and computations
- Providing adhoc tax advice including IHT planning
- Undertaking CGT advice on property, shares etc and preparing CGT 30-day reporting for UK residential property
- Trust and IHT compliance services
- Requesting, collating and maintaining client information
- Maintaining good client relationships including by telephone and face to face meetings
- Correspond and deal confidently with client enquires in relation to their personal tax issues and liabilities, ensuring any unresolved issues are referred to the department manager/engagement Partner; including the initial handling/ identification of both tax planning and tax investigation issues
- Maintain direct contact with clients, HMRC, solicitors, other accountancy, law and professional services firms, in the delivery of an excellent client service
- Supervising, training and coaching junior staff, and supporting them as appropriate.
- Previous experience in a tax compliance role at a Senior level
- ATT/AAT/CTA qualified (or qualified by experience)
- Up to date technical knowledge
- Understanding of compliance standards imposed by the various regulatory authorities for tax
- Commercially astute, with keen analytical and problem-solving mind
- Organised and able to plan time efficiently in order to meet deadlines – particularly during the January tax return season
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build rapport quickly with clients
- Professional and discreet in demonstrating client care
- Ability to process fee notes, manage WIP and recover time costs
- Exposure to providing a tax advisory service an advantage
- Proficient in MS Office (ie. Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Digita personal tax – not essential.
- Employer pension scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Travel to work loans
- Cycle to work scheme
- Client and employee referral bonuses
- Give as you earn
- Employee assistance programme
- Virtual GP
- Second opinion medical service
- Bereavement counselling and probate helpline
- Your professional institute fees paid by the firm
- Discounted shopping portal
- Francis Clark Charitable Foundation in support of current and former employees
- 25 days annual leave with the option to ‘buy back’ a further 5 days
Why work at PKF Francis Clark?
We’re the largest firm of independent chartered accountants and business advisors in South West England. We have eight offices in Bristol, Exeter, Plymouth, Poole, Salisbury, Taunton, Torquay and Truro.
The firm, which celebrated its centenary in 2019, has 54 partners and over 800 members of staff, with annual revenue of over £50 million. Our continuing growth offers you the opportunity to expand and develop your career in a direction that interests you.
We offer a supportive and flexible culture, taking your career seriously to enable you to be the best you can be.
PKF Francis Clark is a member of the PKF International family of legally independent firms, which together are ranked as the 11th largest provider of accountancy services in the UK by Accountancy Age
Please click ‘Apply Now’. If you don’t have an up-to-date CV or would prefer to chat to someone before applying, get in touch with Carrie MacDonald on Carrie.MacDonald@pkf-francisclark.co.uk.
Everyone will receive a response.
PKF Francis Clark doesn’t discriminate. We’re interested in your skills, your experience, your potential, and nothing else.
We are not accepting agency introductions unless prior approval has been given in writing.