Your new company
Hays senior finance are currently partnering with a local government organisation based in Herefordshire who are looking to recruit an interim Accountant on an on-going basis.
Your new role
Main Purpose of Job:
- To lead and prepare the provision of financial information and services in line with service standards and specifications
- To build and develop good working relationships with all relevant parties
- To manage procurement cards across the organisation, by advising and training colleagues, dealing with all card holder queries and loading of transactions into Business World
- To identify and implement the improvement of the financial systems and procedures, working effectively with colleagues, customers and stakeholders
- To contribute to the development and improvement of the Corporate Finance Team
- To provide accountancy support to the Corporate Finance team including the analysis of data for strategic issues
- To lead on maintaining the corporate fixed asset register and leasing records
- To manage and maintain the debtors and creditors control accounts
- To lead on loading the Council's Budget in line with the MTFP and providing supporting information in line with Directorate Savings Plans Lead on a number of activities within the year end processes and statement of accounts Lead on producing information for group accounts
- Lead as the VAT Officer for the council and manage VAT queries and questions from staff and HMRC
- To manage the monthly VAT returns and the partial exemption calculation and closure of the VAT accounts at year end.
- To assist with the Treasury Management Strategy and ensure that cash flow decisions are made in accordance with this
- To cover the duties of the Corporate Finance Accountant (Treasury Management) as required Lead on specific Corporate Finance projects
What you'll need to succeed
You will be a qualified accountant with Local Government experience.
What you'll get in return
Competitive day rate and the ability to work 100 remotely.
Flexible working options available.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.