Exciting opportunity with market-leading MGA.
We are currently working with a market leading MGA who have an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Underwriter with a growing team based in Leatherhead. This is a great opportunity for an underwriting professional with 1-2 years experience in commercial insurance looking for the next step in their careers.
You'll underwrite and service some of the existing accounts with the expertise of an experienced underwriter by your side. You'll also be evaluating new business by using sensible and recognised underwriting practices. Using good judgement, along with your industry insight; seek to increase the financial performance of our company.
- You're aware of, if not already working towards your CII qualifications and educated to good A-Level standard or equivalent.
- Sound knowledge of general insurance and underlying legal principles and practices.
- Knowledge of underwriting and servicing accounts, preferably holding a level of delegated underwriting authority. You are happy using technical knowledge to handle claim queries, resulting in an engaged service.
- You cleverly extract and piece together information from a broad range of different sources; highlighting your experience of client renewals and seeing business opportunities.
- With strong communication and social skills with clients and colleagues alike; you take pride in having a high level of numeracy and literacy.
We'd also absolutely welcome applications or interest from those looking for part time or a job share opportunity!
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.