Manager-Group Financial Oversight
Your new company
An insurance company with a fast-paced, dynamic work environment looking to grow their risk and controls environment after being backed by a large US company, offering remote working with occasional travel to London and overseas.
Your new role
It's an exciting opportunity to join the Group Financial Oversight (GFO) team and take an active part in risk management and the controls environment. You will help carry out implementation and remediation activity, challenge risks and controls from an end to end perspective.
- Using strong technical knowledge design, develop, enhance processes and controls, challenge risks and controls from an end to end perspective whilst incorporating knowledge of insurance, financial and regulatory reporting in order to strengthen the control environment.
- Co-ordinate and plan remediation activity, risk and control assessments concerning key policies and procedures, mapping of key processes and controls, oversee control testing, closure of remediation actions, and provide guidance around the control environment to the Finance organisation and key stakeholders.
What you'll need to succeed
- Professional (or equivalent) qualification in related field (e.g. accounting or actuarial)
- Experienced in the insurance or financial services industry
- Strong understanding of IFRS and insurance regulatory regimes including Solvency II and risk requirements
- Experienced in risk and controls design, delivery, testing and management, ideally in a SOX type environment
- Relationship management skills, effective stakeholder relationships, ability to influence all levels internally and externally
- Strong entrepreneurial drive, lots of ambition and seeking the opportunity to grow
What you'll get in return
15% completion bonus
25 days + bank holidays annual leave per annum
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.