Your new company
Our client is a well-established SME contractor-based business in the Midlands. They have a reputation for excellence in their field and have over 25 years' experience in the design and delivery of successful highways and infrastructure projects.
Your new role
With their long-serving Accountant approaching retirement, they are keen to appoint, their successor to join their collaborative, stable team. In this role you would be there to provide guidance and support in all strategic and business matters and to work closely with all teams to aid the reporting of accurate company financial information. Alongside ensuring robust and accurate balance sheet control reporting is delivered to management, you would be maintaining up to date professional knowledge in a fast regulatory moving environment, making sure that the company remains legally compliant, and all reporting staff are trained & informed where required. Managing a team of four, responsibilities would include:
- Contribute to the strategic direction of the business ensuring continued profitable growth
- Monitor & evaluate departmental budgets, ensuring that they are controlled
- Work with the three trading divisions to prepare annual budgets & turnover reports.
- Prepare and oversee the preparation of monthly management accounts & presenting these together with budget variances to the management team
- Prepare & review quarterly management accounts and present these to the board of directors
- Work with the accounting team for the annual presentation of budgets to auditors and liaise with the auditors during the conduct of the audit
- Prepare cash flow forecasts
- Ensure that IT systems remain up to date and developed where appropriate.
What you'll need to succeed
The right person for this position will be fully qualified ACCA, ACA, or CIMA with a demonstrable background working in a position of similar stance, managing, and developing a small team and working in a hands-on controls' capacity. It is essential that you have good experience in management accounting and statutory accounting and still enjoy managing transactional finance. Experience in the construction sector would be highly advantageous, confidence, a good commercial awareness and collaborative nature is essential.
What you'll get in return
This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing business with a close-knit team. They will be open to this being full time or part time in hours.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.